No announcement yet.

Brandin Cooks gave the Rams custodian Super Bowl tickets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandin Cooks gave the Rams custodian Super Bowl tickets

Very thoughtful and generous gesture by Cooks. More players should follow his lead.

ATLANTA — So much of Alfonso Garcia’s work at the Los Angeles Rams headquarters in Thousand Oaks, Calif., could go unnoticed, but Brandin Cooks always watched the way Garcia, the Rams’ custodian, went about his job.

“He’s someone that I just found myself drawn to when I got there,’’ said Cooks, who was traded from New England to Los Angeles last year and will cross paths with his former team on Sunday in the Super Bowl. “I see him around the facility all the time.’’

For Cooks, Garcia became a symbol of all the pieces that make a machine run smoothly. The Rams mantra all year has been “We Not Me,’’ and as they set out for Atlanta, Cooks took it an extra step and surprised Garcia with a pair of Super Bowl tickets last week.

“The guy is special,’’ Cooks said. “He keeps our locker room in tip-top shape. He has such a special soul.’’

Garcia was called into the office of Rams general manager Les Snead, where Cooks was waiting to deliver the gift in person. The nervousness Garcia felt when he initially walked into the office turned to joy when he realized what was happening.

“I just thought it would be special for him to understand that this is a team,’’ Cooks said. “He’s a part of that success as well, and I wanted to make sure he was at the Super Bowl with his son to be able to enjoy.’’

Cooks took care of all of Garcia’s accommodations — travel and lodging. Garcia will take his son, Josh.

“He’s going to be set for the whole weekend,’’ Cooks said.

In just one season, teammates have come to know this as the type of person Cooks is.

“Friend, family, faith. You see a guy who consistently doesn’t step on the field without a prayer,’’ said fellow receiver Robert Woods. “Doesn’t put on his gloves without a prayer. Doesn’t put on his cleats without a prayer. Just someone who you want as a teammate, you want as a friend, who is a leader. I know he looks up to me, me being one year older than him.

“But just stuff that I see off the field that he’s done, just truly a blessing. This past week, he gave our janitor tickets to the Super Bowl. I walked by and just happened to see that. That’s just the type of teammate, type of person he is. Really just a leader.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...O5olDf6ejW71z0

Considering they got in over a blown call, he should be as generous as the refs were.

Comment

Sounds like a cool dude.

Comment

You know what's better than giving a custodian super bowl tickets?

Giving a custodian super bowl tickets without recording it or alerting the media

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
          Considering they got in over a blown call, he should be as generous as the refs were.
          There was a facemask on Goff the previous drive that wasn't called. If it had been called properly the Rams likely get a touchdown and there would have been no overtime.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-30-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

if he smart he'll sell them and have enough to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              There was a facemask on Goff the previous drive that wasn't called. If it had been called properly the Rams likely get a touchdown and there would have been no overtime.
              LMAO!!! Don't even try it Bubba!! ...

Ain't nobody on this earth talking about that facemask except you, while ***THE WHOLE NFL MEDIA IS STILL TALKING ABOUT THAT PI MISSED CALL.***

........... go ahead, deny it.

Disclaimer -*Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Rams are back in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                LMAO!!! Don't even try it Bubba!! ...

Ain't nobody on this earth talking about that facemask except you, while ***THE WHOLE NFL MEDIA IS STILL TALKING ABOUT THAT PI MISSED CALL.***

........... go ahead, deny it.

Disclaimer -*Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Rams are back in LA.
                It's stupid. Why focus only on one missed call that affected the outcome of the game and not on the other?

If the refs had made the proper call when Goff got facemasked the Rams would have had 1st and goal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Why focus only on one missed call that affected the outcome of the game and not on the other?
                  Because *NOBODY* has even talked about it (facemask call) and to be honest, I've only heard it from you, while I just was listening to Goodell on the blown PI call yesterday on the radio. Articles all over the news about it still, are you trying to deny it again?

C'mon SR, U can't split hairs on this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.4f5eb3c62b16

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.4f9d7100dfea

Like I said, I'm not hating on the Rams cause I'm a 49er faithful, I'm glad the rivalry is back.....

..... but you've got no leg to stand on here.

Comment

If we're talking about bad or missed calls that influenced the outcome of the game, that's nearly every Patriots post-season win. Those f u c kers are constantly getting flags thrown in their favor. Look at that bullshyt roughing the passer call for Brady against the Chiefs. He wasn't even touched. Meanwhile, Mahomes took a late shot that put him on his back, no flag.

Comment

Working...
                    X