Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Shakes Head at Claims He Was "Relieved' To Lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
    I was watching Wlads fight against Mercer the other day, and you can clearly see how much faster and more athletic he was then. Sure, he was tactically alot better as he got older but still. Furys style was just all wrong for him. As for Martin, he did walk this earth like a God 😂
    A younger Wlad would have beaten Fury. By the time that fight rolled around his reflexes were shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      At no point did he almost KO Ruiz
      He dropped him hard in the 3rd and Ruiz went down pretty hard. Stop lying to yourself fangirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

Does anyone doubt that Wlad from 2007-2013-ish would have easily knocked out Ruiz? I don't.
        Wlad at the peak of his reign was efficient and systematic with smaller fighters, and Ruiz would have had the same problems as everyone else had - how to get close enough to land effectively.

On the outside Wlad's jab was enough to win the fight, and he identified the spots where he could throw his right and fall in to smother return fire, and that would have been a Wlad vs Ruiz for 12 rounds or as long as Ruiz stayed on his feet.

If Ruiz tried to break the pattern, he would first have to slip the jab then take a counter on the way in while falling into a hug.

Wlad wasn't pretty to watch, but he was coldly efficient machine, and Ruiz wouldn't be able to break the pattern of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Wlad at the peak of his reign was efficient and systematic with smaller fighters, and Ruiz would have had the same problems as everyone else had - how to get close enough to land effectively.

On the outside Wlad's jab was enough to win the fight, and he identified the spots where he could throw his right and fall in to smother return fire, and that would have been a Wlad vs Ruiz for 12 rounds or as long as Ruiz stayed on his feet.

If Ruiz tried to break the pattern, he would first have to slip the jab then take a counter on the way in while falling into a hug.

Wlad wasn't pretty to watch, but he was coldly efficient machine, and Ruiz wouldn't be able to break the pattern of the fight.
          Wladimir with reflexes also had massive power. If you were froze with the jab and he landed the straight right hand after it, that was a stone cold killer. His left hook was also underrated. He once won a title fight having never thrown a right hand vs. Ray Austin. That's something I've only seen once.

Comment

about time he spoke up for himself sheesh

Comment

A younger Wlad would have beaten Fury. By the time that fight rolled around his reflexes were shot.
              Maybe, but hes always been more comfortable against guys he could keep at the end of hes reach. And that wouldn't work against Fury in any circumstances. He wouldn't be able to post, jab and lean on,and thats the main part of hes game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
                Maybe, but hes always been more comfortable against guys he could keep at the end of hes reach. And that wouldn't work against Fury in any circumstances. He wouldn't be able to post, jab and lean on,and thats the main part of hes game.
                Wlad was in position many, many times to hit Fury and just couldn't pull the trigger anymore. He was shot and still barely lost. That says something.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  No he was out on the canvas with his tongue on the floor
                  Yep. Thats how boxing is supposed to work.

Anyone who quits in the corner, like AJ, should be banned from boxing. Crowd came to see a knock out, they didnt pay good money to see a scared, pathetic, paper champ quit because he was getting embarrassed and taught lesson on his US debut.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Joshua does not have a terrible chin, all of the big boys at heavyweight seem to have very similar durability. 'Whyte, Joshua, Fury, Wilder' They all seem to be very game fighters when hurt'

I will say this though? Joshua does not like the body attack. Whyte was the first guy to go to his body, and I specifically remember Joshua being stopped in his tracks by such attacks.
                    He does have a terrible chin. Watch the WHyte fight or the Klitshcko fight. He gets hurt and then it takes him a few round to recover. Even the Povetkin fight, he almost got dropped the first round.

Also he got knocked down by Whyte (in their first fight), Price (confirmed by Joshua) and Dubois (confirmed by Dubois).

I say he must be a better boxer than people think- to win so many fights with such a poor chin

Comment

Do you really believe that? I mean he already beat Klitschko, Pov, Parker and almost ko'd Ruiz early. I mean do you really think that's true man? Don't lie to yourself.

As far as the bought comment, I just don't know. I don't think he paid for his height, reach and athleticism.
                      His gold medal WAS paid for. He lost TWO fights in the Olympics. It was a sham

And he was sucking air by the second round. So much for athleticism. All that non practical muscle.

Comment

Working...
                      X