Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would've happened if Weeks DIDN'T stop the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would've happened if Weeks DIDN'T stop the fight?

Curious to hear you opinion on the subject.

In my opinion, there was no way but down for Kovalev. He was completely punched out. Even if Weeks gave Ward penalty, which I actually think should've happened, Kovalev would've been completely done by the 9th and Ward far superior engine would've eventually prevailed.

Your thoughts?

ward emptied his tank going for it in the 8th. kovalev prob would have outboxed him over the remainder of the fight and won another decision

Comment

Kovalev would've been stopped in 20 seconds or less

Comment

Kovalev would have been knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          Kovalev would've been stopped in 20 seconds or less
          based on what? he had a full minute after kovalev was hurt and kovalev had recovered ten fold in that minute. its not very logical to think ward would have stopped him with clean punches since he had his chance when kovalev was much more hurt and couldnt do it. lets use logic people.

Comment

Ward was rallying and Kovalev was hurt and discouraged... Ward probably stops him in the next round.

Comment

Kovalev looked like he was ready to quit & looking for a way out to me. You don't respond how he responded when you are still in the fight. I think Weeks did a disservice to Ward + the fans by just waving it off though, but with how Kovalev was acting its a 50/50 thing & I can't really hate on the decision even though I wish he'd let it go a lil longer.

But if Weeks hadn't called it I think Kovalev gets stopped within a round or two or quits on the stool anyway. I don't think we'd have made it to the final bell.

Comment

Kov would've quite in his corner...He is a bully who can dish it but can't take it.

Comment

Idk what would have happened... the real question is how would the fight have played out with a legit and competent referee from the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    Curious to hear you opinion on the subject.

In my opinion, there was no way but down for Kovalev. He was completely punched out. Even if Weeks gave Ward penalty, which I actually think should've happened, Kovalev would've been completely done by the 9th and Ward far superior engine would've eventually prevailed.

Your thoughts?
                    Kovalevs wife would take 37% of his assets and all future earnings, including the 20 mil Roc gave him to let Ward ruin his chances of ever fathering more children

Comment

Working...
                    X