No announcement yet.

Wilders defense last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilders defense last night...

He showed head movement and slip,rolled and weaved a lot of Ortiz's shots..Best defense I have seen from the guy

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    He showed head movement and slip,rolled and weaved a lot of Ortiz's shots..Best defense I have seen from the guy
    You can't be serious, his technique was awful! You're supposed to slip a southpaw jab to the left, not lean back and to the right like he did all night. No great defense, just pure reflexes and athleticism allowed him to avoid punches.

Comment

Wilder was literally saved by the bell man, almost stopped. I thought the ref was going to jump in...

A younger ortiz would probably toy with him...

Defense was not his strong point man

Comment

Pos mods really need to put a thread starting limit on you

Comment

Yes he showed great defence. Like a prime Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            Wilder was literally saved by the bell man, almost stopped. I thought the ref was going to jump in...

A younger ortiz would probably toy with him...

Defense was not his strong point man
            Ortiz was saved by the bell before Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
              Pos mods really need to put a thread starting limit on you
              Or maybe you should grow up and accept the fighters you have actually have talent

Comment

You can't be serious, his technique was awful! You're supposed to slip a southpaw jab to the left, not lean back and to the right like he did all night. No great defense, just pure reflexes and athleticism allowed him to avoid punches.
                A bit harsh. Wilder is unorthodox but he has improved a bit. He used his unique physical attributes to keep him out of harms way for most of the fight. That's no small fight against an experienced, strong puncher like Ortiz.

The only time Wilder got hurt (seriously) was in an exchange which can happen to any fighter no matter their skill level. Matter of fact when Wilder was hurt he had the wherewithal to move forward to smother Ortiz rather than lean back in attempt to avoid more punishment.......

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Ortiz was saved by the bell before Wilder
                  Yep. I thought if there were just a few more seconds in round 5 I believe after the knockdown it might have been over. Ortiz didn't look right for a few seconds there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
                    Yep. I thought if there were just a few more seconds in round 5 I believe after the knockdown it might have been over. Ortiz didn't look right for a few seconds there.
                    they want to ignore that fact completely!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X