No announcement yet.

started using the Philly shell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started using the Philly shell

Today sparring i started using the philly shell and all the problems i had with my shoulders not working properly seemed to go away as its more of a defensive stance and the natural rotation of the body makes me use less shoulder snap in the punches.Any tips for the philly shell or things i need to watch out for?
    Last edited by Faiered; 03-01-2018, 04:51 AM.

Originally posted by Faiered View Post
    Today sparring i started using the philly shell and all the problems i had with my shoulders not working properly seemed to go away as its more of a defensive stance and the natural rotation of the body makes me use less shoulder snap in the punches.Any tips for the philly shell or things i need to watch out for?
    What do you call philly shell first of all?

That Floyd shoulder roll stance?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      What do you call philly shell first of all?

That Floyd shoulder roll stance?
      Not only the shoulder roll all the hand positioning , parrying slipping and countering that the stance gives

Comment

Btw allot of people when using the philly shell they use only the shoulder roll making it easy for the opponent to feint or throw that overhand right but if you parry and do your slipping and weaving right then its a very good stance most people talk bad of it couse they use only the shoulder roll and jab parry and get tagged by that overhand right
        Last edited by Faiered; 03-01-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Not only the shoulder roll all the hand positioning , parrying slipping and countering that the stance gives
          It’s not called the Philly Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            It’s not called the Philly Shell.
            Thats how all people call it and teach it i know a variation of it called the muslim shell but you have to use more the left elbow to block right overhands and attack so its more for self defence
            Last edited by Faiered; 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Thats how all people call it and teach it i know a variation of it called the muslim shell but you have to use more the left elbow to block right overhands and attack so its more for self defence
              Fight Night Round 3 made up the name Philly Shell.

It's called the Shoulder Roll.

Comment

The shoulder roll is just a move that can be used from that stance all the hand positioning and ways to defend cant be put under that name

Comment

The shoulder roll is just a move that can be used from that stance all the hand positioning and ways to defend cant be put under that name
                  Others have used it way before Mayweather. I know it's called the Philly shell right now, but thats not the historic name.

Comment

If you like it keep using it. Done right it's a great guard for defending and countering. Especially if used like you say, with parries and slips. And also footwork!

Don't forget to keep your chin down.

Comment

Working...
                    X