Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Salido must be the G.O.A.T. or someone is getting hyped way too much.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Everybody likes Lomachenko but yeah, there will be a divide very soon because I think there are some posters who don't like that Lomachenko is liked by every fanbase, they need to make some sort of segregation at all times. So there's a tactic i'm seeing that aims to do this, which is overhyping Lomachenko, saying things like he's better than Mayweather, better than Ward, better than Roy Jones (they haven't said Ward or Jones yet but at this pace it will happen). Notice they don't say better than Pacquiao, or better than GGG, or better than Kovalev. They aim at Lomachenko being better than certain boxers. This is intentional, it's to get people mad and fulfill their little racial warzone dreams they have in their heads of white vs black.

Don't pay any attention to it, Loma is a very good fighter, he's destined for greatness, but some fans are using his name for other agendas.
    Nailed it.

Comment

Everybody likes Lomachenko but yeah, there will be a divide very soon because I think there are some posters who don't like that Lomachenko is liked by every fanbase, they need to make some sort of segregation at all times. So there's a tactic i'm seeing that aims to do this, which is overhyping Lomachenko, saying things like he's better than Mayweather, better than Ward, better than Roy Jones (they haven't said Ward or Jones yet but at this pace it will happen). Notice they don't say better than Pacquiao, or better than GGG, or better than Kovalev. They aim at Lomachenko being better than certain boxers. This is intentional, it's to get people mad and fulfill their little racial warzone dreams they have in their heads of white vs black.

Don't pay any attention to it, Loma is a very good fighter, he's destined for greatness, but some fans are using his name for other agendas.
      Great post!!!

Comment

Lomachenko> Kova, GGG and Pacquiao in my book.

Comment

I hate to break it to the nuthuggers a potential atg does not lose to the salidos of the world. Does not matter how dirty salido is just look at dam Hopkins dirty fighting a$$. If you are great you will find a way to beat a dirty fighter.

Point being loma has an insane amature record no dam excuse to lose to a dam past prime, shop worn, dirty tactic using and fat out of shape salido.

One thing is for sure loma doesn't like to get hit and is extremely feather fisted for his size and when he faces an iron chin fighter that throws a lot of punches he is going to have serious problems. Any body who is stupid enough to fight loma on the outside is going to get beat, but it is elite brawlers that are going to destroy loma career.
          Last edited by Wizardsh; 04-14-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Yet there are many black fans who automatically hate on any white or Asian fighter regardless of how talented they are. So Loma lost his 2nd pro fight to a crafty/dirty veteran and suddenly he is overrated? Why do you think this thread was created to begin with? The OP is nothing but another Mayweather cheerleader hating on white fighters. Talk about agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
              I hate to break it to the nuthuggers a potential atg does not lose to the salidos of the world. Does not matter how dirty salido is just look at dam Hopkins dirty fighting a$$. If you are great you will find a way to beat a dirty fighter.

Point being loma has an insane amature record no dam excuse to lose to a dam past prime, shop worn, dirty tactic using and fat out of shape salido.

One thing is for sure loma doesn't like to get hit and is extremely feather fisted for his size and when he faces an iron chin fighter that throws a lot of punches he is going to have serious problems. Any body who is stupid enough to fight loma on the outside is going to get beat, but it is elite brawlers that are going to destroy loma career.
              That's an unfair assessment of what it takes to become an ATG.

You mention Hopkins, but Hopkins lost his first fight to a complete unknown who went 3-1 in his whole career. Hopkins will surely be an ATG.

There's also JMM, Pacquiao, who lost to some unknowns too but they will still go down as HOF'ers and ATG's.

Let's see where Lomachenko's career ends up. That goes both ways, to those already proclaiming he's ATG-bound or he's greater than more accomplished fighters, and to those writing him off because of the Salido loss. Which let's face it, he was against all odds and you could still argue that he may have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post

Early in their careers? You better ****ing believe ATGs lose to the Salidos of the world. ATGs in their prime have lost to a hell of a lot worse than Orlando Salido.

Seriously, maybe look at who ATGs have lost to and when before saying something like "ATGs don't lose to the Salidos of the world."

Comment

That's an unfair assessment of what it takes to become an ATG.

You mention Hopkins, but Hopkins lost his first fight to a complete unknown who went 3-1 in his whole career. Hopkins will surely be an ATG.

There's also JMM, Pacquiao, who lost to some unknowns too but they will still go down as HOF'ers and ATG's.

Let's see where Lomachenko's career ends up. That goes both ways, to those already proclaiming he's ATG-bound or he's greater than more accomplished fighters, and to those writing him off because of the Salido loss. Which let's face it, he was against all odds and you could still argue that he may have won.
                  I mentioned Hopkins but didn't feel like going into detail but Hopkins is the king of dirty tactics but he has been defeated and easily. So this bull crap excuse that salido cheated his way into victory is nonsense. Loma as of right has problems with pressure fighters and I mean the type that will take a punch to give a punch like salido. Loma going up weight is a big mistake. Image a Brandon rios walking through loma punches for 12rnds, right now I having doubts that loma can tame a Brandon rios because of salido lost. I would say rios has more power and better chin then salido,the only setback is can rios cut the ring off which I think he can because loma isn't pac

Comment

I like how Salido has become some highly discussed fighter on here even though he hasn't fought in nearly a year.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Early in their careers? You better ****ing believe ATGs lose to the Salidos of the world. ATGs in their prime have lost to a hell of a lot worse than Orlando Salido.

Seriously, maybe look at who ATGs have lost to and when before saying something like "ATGs don't lose to the Salidos of the world."
                      You need look at loma credentials before you open your mouth and compare to the so call atg losses to the salidos, people forget that loma amature career is nothing like pass atg. If you have that many amature fights and you are losing to salido that's a problem that should raise questions to any hardcore boxing fan

Comment

Working...
                      X