Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is education the only way to life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think an education will open alot of doors. So will hard work and dedication though.
    But like in boxing an education looks good on paper. And with boxing we know having a good record on paper will get you better opportunities. Same is true with the job market.

There have been many people successful without education, but having one definately increases the odds for you.
    Last edited by TBear; 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
      An education is key, its not just about what is learned in school or college. Its not the "standard" I'm speaking of. You can get an education thru unorthodox means, that's the point I'm getting at.
      Great post. Education is key. The problem is that people think of education as having a piece of paper that says you have a degree.

Comment

''Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belong to those who prepare for it today''

Learned that Malcolm X qoutes som time ago and I agree. Very inspirering.

Comment

It is narrow minded of you to think that education only comes from school.

Everything you experience in life educates you. somethings more than others.

dammmmn i didnt know i was that deep

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
            I hate when people think this. It isn't.

What do you think? And leave the drug business out of this thread.

On an average, millionaires maintained a C average in school. How's that for education.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit ♠ View Post
              Great post. Education is key. The problem is that people think of education as having a piece of paper that says you have a degree.
              That's a fact.

I think a huge problem I see today..........are people who complete school thinking a piece of paper will make any difference when it comes to the workforce. Sure it gets your foot in the door at times, but that's not going to help you much unless you learn and master what you study.

Hell I know potheads that have masters degrees........and they failed in the corporate world after a short stint.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                That's a fact.

I think a huge problem I see today..........are people who complete school thinking a piece of paper will make any difference when it comes to the workforce. Sure it gets your foot in the door at times, but that's not going to help you much unless you learn and master what you study.

Hell I know potheads that have masters degrees........and they failed in the corporate world after a short stint.
                This is 100% true.

Getting a degree is just what you need to get a job, it doesn't get it done. Once you get the job it is up to you to learn it. That is the case with almost all occupations in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                  This is 100% true.

Getting a degree is just what you need to get a job, it doesn't get it done. Once you get the job it is up to you to learn it. That is the case with almost all occupations in my view.
                  One thing I know, and most will agree with me on:

Is that financial success usually is about WHO YOU KNOW.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                    One thing I know, and most will agree with me on:

Is that financial success usually is about WHO YOU KNOW.
                    It is definitely part of it. I jagged the job I have now coming out of university because my father is an Associate Director at the firm. I would not have got that job if not for that connection.

So obviously who you know can be a good thing. I still think it is only the start of it though.

Comment

Looking at the posts in this thread, the TS's definition for Education was too vague.

If not going through life not knowing anything, not reading, learning new things means Education, then obviously yes. It's the only way to live.
                      Last edited by cupocity303; 05-10-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X