Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: British and English Title News: Askin vs. Okolie Sent To Bids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: British and English Title News: Askin vs. Okolie Sent To Bids

The BBBoC recently met to match various British and English title fights, with some interesting match-ups sent out to purse bids. Most notably, cruiserweight holder Matty Askin has been ordered to defend against the undefeated Lawrence Okolie, with bids due in by August 8 and the contest to take place by the end of November.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Saw Okolie at York Hall on Friday, he really is a big CW

Comment

Man, Ill be impressed if Okolie takes this, thought he was gunna go Camacho. Like how his career is progressing. Build on his last performance.

Comment

I actually don't like this fight for either guy. Huge step up for Okolie that he cold very possibly lose and for Askin it could end his aspirations if he loses. Askin is well above British level imo, at least Euro level. I'd like to see him vacate the British and try to fight for the European title or some rankings bauble, he's done enough at domestic level. Then let Okolie fight Tommy McCarthy for the vacant belt as that's a good fight and test for both guys

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          I actually don't like this fight for either guy. Huge step up for Okolie that he cold very possibly lose and for Askin it could end his aspirations if he loses. Askin is well above British level imo, at least Euro level. I'd like to see him vacate the British and try to fight for the European title or some rankings bauble, he's done enough at domestic level. Then let Okolie fight Tommy McCarthy for the vacant belt as that's a good fight and test for both guys
          IFL interview Hearn did today sounds like its gunna be happening on the Joshua/Povetkin undercard. You think that's the huge step up, same interview Hearn hinted Buatsi's replacement for Summers will be Mikhalkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            IFL interview Hearn did today sounds like its gunna be happening on the Joshua/Povetkin undercard. You think that's the huge step up, same interview Hearn hinted Buatsi's replacement for Summers will be Mikhalkin.
            Just responded to you in the other thread, but I cannot see it being Mikhalkin. Sukhotsky's the guy imo http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/341586

Comment

Working...
            X