Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Claims He'll Still Return 8/25 After Shoulder Surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s fighting Phil Lo Greco so he’s willing to take a chance on the shoulder.

Comment

It obviously was not a serious tear, there are different types of tears and the recovery can be between 1 and 6 months depending. Some people resume full training after a few weeks following surgery.

August is not beyond possibility considering he probably has full motion and strength back by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        It obviously was not a serious tear, there are different types of tears and the recovery can be between 1 and 6 months depending. Some people resume full training after a few weeks following surgery.

August is not beyond possibility considering he probably has full motion and strength back by now.
        That wasn't what was said about the injury in the beginning.

"A typical tear usually goes from about 2 o'clock if you're looking at the face of a clock down to about 6 o'clock. His goes almost all the way around. I would say he has significant instability of his right shoulder."
        -Dr. Neal ElAttrache

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...houlder-injury

Comment

August 25th would be dumb! Might as well wait for the winner of the Beltran fight! Hopefully Garcia vs. Lomachenko after that!

Comment

I tore my rotator cuff back in high school when I used to box. not exactly sure how it happened but it was at the beginning of a sparring session. I remember feeling pain for about 10 seconds then no pain but it just felt funny for the rest of the session. after I was done I went about my day since it wasnt bothering me, the next morning I tried getting out the bed and almost died lol. not only did it hurt like hell, I couldn't even move it. I had surgery and it healed pretty fast. being a dumb kid I didn't go to most of my physical therapy sessions after the surgery and even played basketball a few weeks later. to this day it doesn't hurt but it also doesn't feel 100%

best of luck to loma shoulder injuries suck im sure he had the best o f the best taking care of him tho

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              That wasn't what was said about the injury in the beginning.

"A typical tear usually goes from about 2 o'clock if you're looking at the face of a clock down to about 6 o'clock. His goes almost all the way around. I would say he has significant instability of his right shoulder."
              -Dr. Neal ElAttrache

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...houlder-injury
              I never knew that information, thanks. I just read up on the type of injury and concluded the recovery time needed for an August 28th return was possible in many cases.

There are so many variables in this type of injury, the tear can be inside or outside, the labrum can detach from the bone which will add 12-16 weeks.... quality of surgery and rehab is another factor. The Doctors initial diagnosis might change, still, it seems unlikely to fight so soon, why take the chance, give it another month or two just to be safe.

Comment

Lom isnt going to fake an injury over a guy he knocked out out with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  That makes no sense. That is not nearly enough time to heal. All he will do is re-injure himself, perhaps permanently.
                  I was thinking the same thing. Hope he knows what he is doing.

Comment

Chance of Bob offering the mandatory lad a step-aside deal/undercard fight and doing Loma-Beltran instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      Chance of Bob offering the mandatory lad a step-aside deal/undercard fight and doing Loma-Beltran instead?
                      My guess is that they're starting to feel the heat from ESPN. The ratings keep going down and the card quality hasn't been good at all. With the UFC deal secured (starting in 2019), Top Rank has become significantly less important.

Bud and Loma carry the load for that deal. With Bud in limbo (poor competitive options for at least another year or so), Loma needs to get back asap.

I just hope he takes his time. Would suck if this injury slows him down permanently

Comment

Working...
                      X