Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: Jermall Charlo Will Beat Triple-G and Canelo at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    I think there's some factors there that really work against Canelo. Two big ones:

(1) He's never fought a guy that big. He'll be giving up a lot of reach and size to a guy that has a pretty solid jab.

(2) His only decisive (meaning clear) win against a true top fighter in the last 5 years came against Miguel Cotto. A 5'7 guy who was well past his best days.

Canelo needs to put on a show in September b/c he's been in cruise control for a while. Not that Charlo is all that elite, but I think he's obviously a bigger threat than every guy Canelo has faced since Floyd, excluding GGG.
    Okay fair enough. I do think Charlos size and reach might give Canelo problems but I also recall Charlo struggling against Trout. Canelo is a better boxer then trout with faster hands, better head movement, and throws better combos.
    I would love to see this fight. Only way this fight happens its if Canelo wins in September. Then Charlo would be his mandatory. I don't ever see Oscar and Al Haymon doing business together unless it's a mandatory fight.
    Sucks for us fans. I wish all these promoters would put their ego to the side and work together to make the best fights available

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Okay fair enough. I do think Charlos size and reach might give Canelo problems but I also recall Charlo struggling against Trout. Canelo is a better boxer then trout with faster hands, better head movement, and throws better combos.
      I would love to see this fight. Only way this fight happens its if Canelo wins in September. Then Charlo would be his mandatory. I don't ever see Oscar and Al Haymon doing business together unless it's a mandatory fight.
      Sucks for us fans. I wish all these promoters would put their ego to the side and work together to make the best fights available
      I agree with all of this, but I do think Canelo has a different style than Trout. He's an inside-counter puncher w/ great head movement/vision and reflexes. Whereas Trout likes to work on the outside with lateral movement. I think the styles makes those fights very different. But you're right with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
        Charlo will KO Gennady. I was the first one to start saying that. Now its getting trendy.
        Wow. Big prediction. GGG is old. That why he looses. If this was 5 years ago. He’d make Charlo QUIT.
        Yea I said it and Canelo is a midget. Too small for this division. He’s always exploited his ability to loose 20 pounds+ against smaller men. Those days are over.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
          Wow. Big prediction. GGG is old. That why he looses. If this was 5 years ago. He’d make Charlo QUIT.
          Yea I said it and Canelo is a midget. Too small for this division. He’s always exploited his ability to loose 20 pounds+ against smaller men. Those days are over.
          Charlo wasn't even at 160 5 years ago. So, what sense does that make.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I agree with all of this, but I do think Canelo has a different style than Trout. He's an inside-counter puncher w/ great head movement/vision and reflexes. Whereas Trout likes to work on the outside with lateral movement. I think the styles makes those fights very different. But you're right with your post.
            Well I'm taking Canelo in September. So hopefully he wins and then maybe we could see Canelo-Charlo next May.... That would definitely be a great fight!

Comment

Charlo vs. Saunders in 2019

Comment

Saying what I’d expect him to say

Comment

Spence will lose his money on Charlotte...a guy that couldn't stop a shop worn trout beats the best middleweight in the world GTFOH

Comment

The Charlo brothers are just showcase fighters.
                    How can they beat real fighters?
                    That's why I don't take this guy's opinions seriously.
                    He even says Davis would beat Loma.
                    Maybe, but why is he avoiding Chenko?
                    Kills me.

Comment

Of course he Will, he's black. That's why tank demolishes lomachenko too according to Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X