No announcement yet.

I find it utterly pathetic when rich & famous ppl suicide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    Seriously, how fcking lame and conceited can you be? I have no sympathy for these people. Not an ounce.

I mean Anthony Bourdain?

Suicide?

Are you fcking kidding me? What for? A world renowned chef who lives by getting paid millions to basically go on vacation and to travel around exotic parts of the world seeing different nations, natural wonders, meeting new people, hitting up all the night spots, eating the most amazing foods and delicacies....all while being married to a mma fighter half your age that just had your only child......

this dude had the most amazing life yet he decided to off himself?

Pathetic.
    Absolutely Pathetic.

And then we got Kate Spade....

sigh.

smdh.

Never heard of her before, read her wiki bio and she was a highly successful businesswoman who made it big in fashion. Well respected within the industry. sold her company for millions and was living a comfortable life in manhattan with her husband and a child that was just born in 2005.

So why did she commit suicide? According to her sister:

After Spade's death, her sister, Reta Saffo, told the media her suicide was "not unexpected". She believed Kate had suffered from bipolar disorder throughout her life, aggravated by the fame and wealth she achieved in her 30s. On several occasions she had tried to convince her sister to get treatment, but Kate feared the stigma of mental illness would hurt her brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Spade

Really?

bipolar aggravated by wealth and fame.....

Get some real fcking problems so you can get a real reason to off yourself. You got africans suffering starvation and genocide getting machete'd to death having to become a fcking pirate in 2018 just to eat playing out their lot in life but somehow you cant handle a bipolar disorder that's aggravated by wealth and fame?

and you got a nerve to write a suicide note to your child born in 2005 saying its not your fault?

YOU DISGUST ME. KATE.

YOU DISGUST ME. ANTHONY.

Go catch a life threatening illness.....
    Go shop at a regular walmart because you cant afford sams club.....

How about some real fckign problems before suicide eh?

YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK.

YOU DISGUST ME.

robin williams? philip seymour hoffman? really?

rob schnieder and gabourey sidibe can tough it out but you two great actors cant??????

YOU DISGUST ME.

YOU MAKE ME SICK.
    So basically, you’re a moron

Mental health doesn’t discriminate

Comment

Fun fact

22 US veterans commit suicide EVERY DAY

Some are rich and some are famous

Stick that stat up your arse

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        They are starving to death because of us and Europe. We made them all into colonies, their people into slaves, and raped their land of natural resources. And then refuse to let them play by the same rules. We give billions of dollars out every year in subsidies to farmers here in the U.S. Know why other countries don't do that? Because the WTO (controlled by the US and Europe) says they can't.

At least not if they want any trade. Coffee farmers in Ethiopia get about 5 to 10 cents for a kilo of coffee. That is 2.2 pounds. The price is set by the rich on Wall Street. Factory workers get paid roughly 50 cents a day. All they want is to have a school for their children to go to. But many don't, because we pay them 5 cents a kilo and charge $6 for a coffee at Starbucks. We tell them if give any subsidies to their farmers, no one will buy any of their coffee. That's why many grow chat. Chat is some kind of narcotic.

We made them into third world countries, destroyed their infrastructures, their cultures, their land, and left. And then we don't let them do the things needed to move on to something better than a "3rd world" country.

In fact, we bribe them with "aid" but then force them to open the country to free trade. Which means the super-rich who own and run transnational mega-corporations, can move factories from the U.S. to these countries. And pay the people 50 cents a day. And another condition is to severely cut back any money spent to better society. Any assistance, such as for food, housing, and medical care must be gutted or eliminated altogether. Then they pollute like crazy, because these countries have little to no regulation, which is another condition if they want any loan.
        Oh yeah, the U.S. and Europe are the only countries that ever colonized, conquered and kept slaves. If only, the U.S. and Europe hadn't been such evil empires, the world would be such a better place and countries like Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, South Africa would be world players.

Dude, spare us your self loathing and guilt. Also, do you any evidence to support your lofty and baseless claims?

Comment

In my opinion, Bourdain killed himself because he knew what many of us either already know or will soon know: The world is a horrible place, and there isn't much meaning to any of it. The little meaning can be found in relationships, and he had trouble maintaining them. Who doesn't? Humans are complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
            In my opinion, Bourdain killed himself because he knew what many of us either already know or will soon know: The world is a horrible place, and there isn't much meaning to any of it. The little meaning can be found in relationships, and he had trouble maintaining them. Who doesn't? Humans are complicated.
            He was with his close friend and frequent travel buddy Eric Ripert. Bourdain had many friends and the admiration of countless acquittances, collogues and fans.

I would literally kill to have what Bourdain had.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              He was with his close friend and frequent travel buddy Eric Ripert. Bourdain had many friends and the admiration of countless acquittances, collogues and fans.

I would literally kill to have what Bourdain had.
              I agree with you on that his life looked amazing. I bet you he still felt lonely when the cameras were gone, though. Imagine struggling for years with establishing a meaningful relationship, and then, once you finally seem to have found happiness, you see your love holding hands with a reporter.

That has to hurt. And I know that we'd all say: "Hey, get yourself another woman!" but it's hard to believe in something if you keep failing at it.

Comment

why is it hard to understand that mental illness is a disease?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  Seriously, how fcking lame and conceited can you be? I have no sympathy for these people. Not an ounce.

I mean Anthony Bourdain?

Suicide?

Are you fcking kidding me? What for? A world renowned chef who lives by getting paid millions to basically go on vacation and to travel around exotic parts of the world seeing different nations, natural wonders, meeting new people, hitting up all the night spots, eating the most amazing foods and delicacies....all while being married to a mma fighter half your age that just had your only child......

this dude had the most amazing life yet he decided to off himself?

Pathetic.
                  Absolutely Pathetic.

And then we got Kate Spade....

sigh.

smdh.

Never heard of her before, read her wiki bio and she was a highly successful businesswoman who made it big in fashion. Well respected within the industry. sold her company for millions and was living a comfortable life in manhattan with her husband and a child that was just born in 2005.

So why did she commit suicide? According to her sister:

After Spade's death, her sister, Reta Saffo, told the media her suicide was "not unexpected". She believed Kate had suffered from bipolar disorder throughout her life, aggravated by the fame and wealth she achieved in her 30s. On several occasions she had tried to convince her sister to get treatment, but Kate feared the stigma of mental illness would hurt her brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Spade

Really?

bipolar aggravated by wealth and fame.....

Get some real fcking problems so you can get a real reason to off yourself. You got africans suffering starvation and genocide getting machete'd to death having to become a fcking pirate in 2018 just to eat playing out their lot in life but somehow you cant handle a bipolar disorder that's aggravated by wealth and fame?

and you got a nerve to write a suicide note to your child born in 2005 saying its not your fault?

YOU DISGUST ME. KATE.

YOU DISGUST ME. ANTHONY.

Go catch a life threatening illness.....
                  Go shop at a regular walmart because you cant afford sams club.....

How about some real fckign problems before suicide eh?

YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK.

YOU DISGUST ME.

robin williams? philip seymour hoffman? really?

rob schnieder and gabourey sidibe can tough it out but you two great actors cant??????

YOU DISGUST ME.

YOU MAKE ME SICK.
                  You have a major flaw in your logic. You don't know what was going on behind the scenes. No one does. Not even those who were close to these individuals. We are all prisoners of our own minds.

You've also made another flaw. You assume because these guys are rich and famous, they must be happy and have no reason to be depressed or suicidal. This is glaringly wrong because if it were true, this **** would never happen in the first place, yet it does.

I think you overestimate how much money effects happiness. Ask yourself this question. Would you really want to be rich and famous? I wouldn't. Everyone's all up in your business, everyone looks to you for a handout, most of your friends are fake and only hang out with you because of your status, everyone wants your money, filing your taxes probably sucks and the IRS would be looking to pop you over everything. You're put under a microscope. Everyone knows who you are, but only from the outside. No one really knows you as a person. That's seems pretty depressing to me.

Comment

If anything, these recent suicides should tell you that you just never know what someone is struggling with day-to-day regardless of how together they may seem on the surface. Money and fame doesn't cure depression.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      If anything, these recent suicides should tell you that you just never know what someone is struggling with day-to-day regardless of how together they may seem on the surface. Money and fame doesn't cure depression.
                      Mo' money, mo' problems! Ain't dat da troof!

Comment

Working...
                      X