No announcement yet.

Is Turkey the lamest Boxing country?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Turkey the lamest Boxing country?

Considering it's a very large country they have never produced any fighter worth talking about. To my knowledge not one real World champ EVER. I think only an interim or two.

But other much smaller European countries like Wales, Armenia, Sweden, Denmark have.

Anybody have any insight as to why they lag so far behind?

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Considering it's a very large country they have never produced any fighter worth talking about. To my knowledge not one real World champ EVER. I think only an interim or two.

But other much smaller European countries like Wales, Armenia, Sweden, Denmark have.

Anybody have any insight as to why they lag so far behind?
    I'm not a big fan of the country in general. Committed numerous acts of genocide, has a military coup every 6 years. Is supposed to be the "most democratic muslim nation"

My polish and russian friends always say how Turkish men are all machismo and nothing else.

MAybe they are not the type of men that back things up in a fair fight

Comment

And Mirko has boobs

Comment

Yildirim is a national hero there

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA a certain somebody is not going to be happy...

Comment

I'd say north Korea & brazil worst

Comment

Population size is a non-factor if the average person has no interest in the sport. This blog post about why China isn't a football powerhouse is relevant

Nonetheless I have my eye on a young Turkish fighter named Tugrulhan Erdemir. He has recently won gold at the Junior World Championships, the Youth World Championships and the European Youth Championships. Nice, sharp counter-puncher

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                I'd say north Korea & brazil worst
                Brazil has producd Eder Jofre. All-time great and one of the most complete and technical fighters ever. Probably top 20 in history.

Even Acelino Freitas who's far from great accomplished way more than probably the 5 best Turkish boxers combined.

Comment

Comment

they are a pretty lame sporting country tbh

Comment

Working...
                    X