Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puerto Rico to vote on becoming the 51st state

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can an American explain to me the status of PR. I've always been confused by it

Comment

Captain America is already representing PR. Maybe our slogan should be... The Better Lone Star State :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
        Can an American explain to me the status of PR. I've always been confused by it
        It's a commonwealth, not a sovereign country, but still it's own nation. For the most part it's similar to other US territories, except puertoricans are born US citizens, even if they don't speak a lick of English.

As a result, travel from the US main land and the island is just like traveling to any US state. No passports required. Also, as American citizens we can join the military without going through any messy citizenship paper work.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
          This is craziness! We need to use the federal taxes from PR becoming a state to build a bridge from the island to Miami B-)
          What we really need is to strip Puerto Ricans of American citizenship and then build a wall around that island.

Comment

'Murica doesn't need a state that is just going to take a knee when the going gets tough.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              'Murica doesn't need a state that is just going to take a knee when the going gets tough.
              True. We need alphas

Comment

US has been in PR for a long time and used it as a base because of the cold war and Cuba. Now with the debt even if it becomes an independent country because the way it has been ruled by the US they hardly have any resources. It will be a big bill either way

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                  What we really need is to strip Puerto Ricans of American citizenship and then build a wall around that island.
                  Meh, we've already taken enough of the mainland. We're in every big city and in the military (leadership positions too). I think the bridge is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
                    True. We need alphas
                    P4p #1 in boxing ( per capita of course :-P) Nothing more alpha than that!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      I'll send them a memo to take acting classes so they can pretend they get knocked out by "illegal" punches only.

We'll adapt baby, french culture is everywhere in Louisiana, and they're notorious for dropping rifles before even firing a shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X