No announcement yet.

Nordstrom selling $425 fake dirty jeans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordstrom selling $425 fake dirty jeans

NEW YORK -- Nordstrom is selling yet another deeply perplexing item online -- this time, in the name of men’s fashion.

For $425, you can own a pair of jeans with fake dirt on them.

The department store chain says the five-pocket, button-fly dirty denim pants -- dubbed PRPS Barracuda straight-legged jeans -- are “heavily distressed” and “embody rugged, Americana workwear that’s seen some hard-working action with a crackled, caked-on muddy coating that shows you’re not afraid to get down and dirty.”

The jeans have received mixed reviews on social media.

“What’s the beef about buying mud jeans,” Twitter user Lori Hendry questioned. “If someone can afford $400 for a pair of dirty jeans, so what? Go for it! #Nordstrom.”

“Don’t buy #Nordstrom’s mud jeans,” Dave Shaffer commented on Twitter. “Just send your jeans to me and I will put local artisanal craft mud on them for $200 #isthishowyoubusiness.”

Meanwhile, actor Mike Rowe -- host of the Discovery Channel’s “Dirty Jobs” series -- blasted the high-end retailer.

“They’re not even fashion,” Rowe wrote in a Facebook post. “They’re a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic -- not iconic.”

It’s not the first time Nordstrom has attracted attention with an unusual item featured on its website. A few months ago, at the height of the holiday shopping season, it marketed a rock wrapped in an artisanal leather pouch for $85. Despite mocking responses on social media, Nordstrom said the item quickly sold out.

In March, the department store again caught the public’s eye when their Clear Knee Mom Jeans made headlines.

CBS News reached out to Nordstrom for comment about the mud jeans, but has yet to hear back.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nordstro...raight-legged/

I don't see the problem. If you make six figures like me you can afford them.

Comment

That is ugly.

I actually hope that becomes a trend. I like trends like that, good way to spot the idiots.

And what better way to say idiot than having fake dirt that looks more like **** stains on a $425 pair of jeans.

Comment

Things like that reminds of this.

Nordstrom has some nice stuff, but when I saw they were charging $120 for a beanie..

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Nordstrom has some nice stuff, but when I saw they were charging $120 for a beanie..

Comment

people buy them ugly ass yezzys so I dont doubt poeple be buying these too.
            \

Comment

**** you wanna wear some dirty jeans for. that shiiet looks like crap! light stone wash or rinse is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                NEW YORK -- Nordstrom is selling yet another deeply perplexing item online -- this time, in the name of men’s fashion.

For $425, you can own a pair of jeans with fake dirt on them.

The department store chain says the five-pocket, button-fly dirty denim pants -- dubbed PRPS Barracuda straight-legged jeans -- are “heavily distressed” and “embody rugged, Americana workwear that’s seen some hard-working action with a crackled, caked-on muddy coating that shows you’re not afraid to get down and dirty.”

The jeans have received mixed reviews on social media.

“What’s the beef about buying mud jeans,” Twitter user Lori Hendry questioned. “If someone can afford $400 for a pair of dirty jeans, so what? Go for it! #Nordstrom.”

“Don’t buy #Nordstrom’s mud jeans,” Dave Shaffer commented on Twitter. “Just send your jeans to me and I will put local artisanal craft mud on them for $200 #isthishowyoubusiness.”

Meanwhile, actor Mike Rowe -- host of the Discovery Channel’s “Dirty Jobs” series -- blasted the high-end retailer.

“They’re not even fashion,” Rowe wrote in a Facebook post. “They’re a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic -- not iconic.”

It’s not the first time Nordstrom has attracted attention with an unusual item featured on its website. A few months ago, at the height of the holiday shopping season, it marketed a rock wrapped in an artisanal leather pouch for $85. Despite mocking responses on social media, Nordstrom said the item quickly sold out.

In March, the department store again caught the public’s eye when their Clear Knee Mom Jeans made headlines.

CBS News reached out to Nordstrom for comment about the mud jeans, but has yet to hear back.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nordstro...raight-legged/
                Wtf? That **** is crazy. Why the fuk would anyone wanna buy dirty pants let alone pants that are fake dirty?

Are they hoping some uppity rich yuppy would want to buys these because it would make them look like a hard working not afraid to get dirty type of American?
                Last edited by boxinghead530; 04-26-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I wonder how many years before cum stained jeans will be a popular thing?

I already have a few pair of those.

Comment

is there an upside to owning real dirty jeans

Comment

Working...
                    X