No announcement yet.

HBO with another disgrace of commentating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan was unlucky.

Lowbows continiously sapped the energy out of khan.

Long training, overtrained.

Khan beats him easy in a rematch.

Comment

lol @ the khan fanboys. Khan wasnt dominating Garcia at all. Khan throws those flashy high speed combos but they didnt land really on garcia, while garcia was landing brilliant counter hooks the whole fight. maybe you can give the first 2 rounds to khan but he wasnt dominating AT ALL. actually garcia landed clean hard shots from the very beginning, much like Sergio Martinez landed that left hook in the Paul Williams rematch from the very beginning (while the HBO crew never gave him credit for that)

Comment

dj pepe is correct and is currently schooling you clowns.

Khan was EASILY winning the first two rounds, and it looked like it was going to be a one sided shutout for Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          I mean seriously, Garcia was starting to figure Khan out by Round 2, landing good shots at the end of the round, start round 3 off VERY WELL, and this clown Kellerman goes off on 2 minutes because Danny "touched gloves" (I didn't see it), I mean these guys are horrible, horrible for the past 4 years now.

They didn't mention at all how Danny was starting to land clean and blocking his right hand. DAnny made great adjustments that went unoticed.

HBO IS ****.
          yea i thought the 1st 2 rounds were close but they were making it seem like a beat down

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
            Did he really say that!!?? LOL. I can kinda see what he meant, because I thought Garcia was starting to punch himself out, but the way Khan's legs were, there was no way he was recovering.
            At no point did Garcia punch himself out he was patient and calculating in taking Khan out.

Comment

Khan leaves his chin wide open in every exchange and Garcia is a brilliant counter puncher something that no one had picked up on.

In the first round he looked sharp, at ease with khan coming in and come back with some crisp, well timed shots, Khans defence even on the back foot when he was in trouble was awful, no head movement only one hand up! and theres one person to blame Freddie Roach.

Comment

Stewards joke about Larry merchant in the beginning of the broadcast... that was cringe worthy

Steward talk just as slow

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
                  You know fuck all about boxing, mate.
                  He was winning.

He wasnt dominating.

Domination in boxing is good attack, with good defence.

Khan was getting caught.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
                    Garcia was getting styled on, who are you kidding? He was adjusting and landing his shots later on but he was not winning at all.

Believe me, the judges would of had the fight as a landslide in Khan's favor if he wasn't such a glass jawed bum.
                    Wasn't the result conclusive enough for you? They could fight it 10 times & Khan would get dropped eventually before the round 12 bell rang...all 10 times. Certainly if Khan fights like this.

The best way to beat fast hands is to throw punches, especially after they've thrown their combinations. That's what Garcia did.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                      lol @ the khan fanboys. Khan wasnt dominating Garcia at all. Khan throws those flashy high speed combos but they didnt land really on garcia, while garcia was landing brilliant counter hooks the whole fight. maybe you can give the first 2 rounds to khan but he wasnt dominating AT ALL. actually garcia landed clean hard shots from the very beginning, much like Sergio Martinez landed that left hook in the Paul Williams rematch from the very beginning (while the HBO crew never gave him credit for that)
                      Quite a lot like that fight actually.

You could just see Garcia slowly catching up with Khan...the counters started landing, his punch output was increasing, he was getting in the pocket more.

I was impressed with Garcia...I think Khan has to widen his game a little more if he wants to get back to the championship level. Khan has heart though.

Comment

Working...
                      X