No announcement yet.

Boxing’s Pacquiao remains the PPV king

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
    Another very compelling reason why Pac will never fight Floyd, or why Arum will never let it happen...
    Which is exactly the same reason why Floyd won't either.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
      These statistics are actually pretty inaccurate. Boxing only counts PPV Buys (HBO) for North America whereas UFC,WWE count all international sales together. UFC is also a private company and these figures are only projections from sources on how they sold. For instance Pacquiao vs. Cotto was trending towards 1.8 million buys sources believed after the fight but it only received 1.25 million buys because HBO is a publicly traded company and they only release true accurate figures.
      Actually no. UFC has no PPV business outside of the US. They get a cut from Subscription channels. Don't forget that the UFC is also $15-$25 cheaper than Boxing and WWE(Wrestlemania).

680k is the domestic number for Wrestlemania, if you want to add international than it's around 1.1-1.3million.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        Which is exactly the same reason why Floyd won't either.
        Sure Mr "I dont need Floyd" really wants that fight... Arum wants that money and like a good little boy Pac keeps his mouth shut and makes daddy Arum that money.

Comment

Pac cant sell without a big name Mexican opponent.

It was Marquez that brought those big numbers in.
          without marquez, Pac couldnt sell well.

when Pac fought Oscar Larios on PPV, it was very low numbers.

when Pac fought David Diaz on PPV, it was less than 90,000 PPV's.

Margarito is a proven ticket seller and holds the record for selling-out the STAPLES CENTER with over 24,000 fans.

DelaHoya is another box-office draw.

without Marquez, Margarito, DelaHoya, Barrera, ,,,Pac would not sell well on his own.

Comment

Sure Mr "I dont need Floyd" really wants that fight... Arum wants that money and like a good little boy Pac keeps his mouth shut and makes daddy Arum that money.

I make $30 million every time I fight, Haymon just gave me a check today for $30 million...blah blah blah
            ------------Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post

Margarito is a proven ticket seller and holds the record for selling-out the STAPLES CENTER with over 24,000 fans.

without Marquez, Margarito, DelaHoya, Barrera, ,,,Pac would not sell well on his own.

Oh the irony!!!!

Big name. Mosley and Cotto isn't Mexican.

Comment

I make $30 million every time I fight, Haymon just gave me a check today for $30 million...blah blah blah
                ------------Floyd Mayweather
                If what youre getting at is that Floyd makes money either way, I wont debate that. Love him or hate him people watch.

I dont really know what else you could be trying to say...

Comment

Another very compelling reason why Pac will never fight Floyd, or why Arum will never let it happen...
                  yup! pac vs jmm 4 it would do another 1+ million buys. if they make this fight on cinco de mayo then maybe more.

arum and pac is doing fine all by themselves. arum can still make a lot of money off pac. so, after jmm it will probably be lamont.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post

Cotto and mosley did good numbers. martinez vs pac would do good numbers. if floyd vs pac happens it will double the ppv numbers of pac vs jmm 3. so whats your point?

Comment

Oh the irony!!!!

Big name. Mosley and Cotto isn't Mexican.

Jorge Arce and Kelly Pavlik fought on the underacard of Pac-Mosley.
                      Arce, alone, is a PPV draw, but was used as a supporting fight to the main event.

Chavez Jr. fought in the undercard of Pac-Cotto to help sell PPV's.
                      Chavez Jr. alone is a PPV attraction, but was used as a supporting fight to the main event.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/julio-ces...ver-ten--23467

without those 2 Mexicans, the PPV numbers for both shows wouldve been less than half.

Comment

Working...
                      X