No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    This is so false I don't even know where to begin. I read it time and time again. Let's end it once and for all.

Prior to Jeff Lacy, Calzaghe was considered one of the two best super middleweights in the world and a top 20 fighter pound for pound. By destroying Lacy, Calzaghe catapulted into the top ten of every pound for pound ranking and top five in most. So obviously the Lacy win counted for something, didn't it? Perhaps it garnered some kind of respect, wouldn't you say?

Yet somehow you think if he beats Dawson, he won't get respect? Nonsense.

Did Ring have him top 5 p4p when he beat Lacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
      Just personal opinion, shame Taylor's promoter doesn't want to put him in with Kessler to prove my point.
      his promoter wouldnt even put him in with froch! he was offered 2.5 mil! where does he think hes gonna earn that now?lets face it,he didnt exactly breeze past a shopworn lacy.whatever taylor had that made him such a good fighter a few years back aint there anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
        his promoter wouldnt even put him in with froch! he was offered 2.5 mil! where does he think hes gonna earn that now?lets face it,he didnt exactly breeze past a shopworn lacy.whatever taylor had that made him such a good fighter a few years back aint there anymore

yep your right. Also, he was lucky to get the decision against Winky Wright. I thought Winky was robbed.

Comment

Your personal opinion is one thing - and I do have the fight a toss-up with a slight edge to Mikkel, perhaps. But in boxing, fighters are ultimately measured by who they beat. And Taylor ranks higher than Kessler in that category.
          Oh yeah definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
            No I won't. I want Calzaghe to fight Dawson and think that using the above reason as an excuse is embarassing. Personally, if Calzaghe retires or fights someone else, I'll assume he's ducking Dawson.
            Once a boxer reaches the age of 35 he can do whatever the hell he wants at that point. For me Calzaghe earned his stripes by dominating a really good Bernard Hopkins. Anything he chooses to do after that is icing on the cake.

If Calzaghe does go ahead and beats Dawson you'll be clamoring for him to fight the next big hot shot in 2010, then 2011, 2012 etc. It will never be good enough for you guys until he loses his 0.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              Calzaghe Diehard Stans
              Uh, I was enjoying the break from those fags.

Some strong arguments, though. And I ultimately agree...not necessarily that he's obligated, but that Chad's name would do a lot more for Joe's ledger than any of the fairweather Stans on this forum are letting on.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                If Calzaghe does go ahead and beats Dawson you'll be clamoring for him to fight the next big hot shot in 2010, then 2011, 2012 etc. It will never be good enough for you guys until he loses his 0.
                Haha read my sig, Calzaghe is one of my favourite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
                  Did Ring have him top 5 p4p when he beat Lacy?
                  The Ring magazine did not rank Calzaghe pound for pound prior to Lacy. He catapulted into the top twelve after.

Comment

The Ring magazine did not rank Calzaghe pound for pound prior to Lacy. He catapulted into the top twelve after.

Yeh i thought so... I think he only entered the top 5 after beating kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
                      Yeh i thought so... I think he only entered the top 5 after beating kessler.
                      Yup.

Hence, the idea that he won't get any respect for beating Dawson (who has a better resume than both) is just an excuse for fans who are afraid he might lose.
                      Last edited by IMDAZED; 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X