No announcement yet.

Sega Dreamcast is a gem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    My parents found one of mine and my brothers old consoles up in the loft not so long back. A Panansonic 3DO.

I remember it being not too bad back in the day, but they stopped making games for it because it wasn't too popular i seem to remember.

Ended up getting a PS One a few years later.
    I forgot that system even existed. Reminds me of the crazy expensive Neo Geo

Comment

Yeah, believe it or not, some people today collect Neo Geo, now that they can afford it and some of the games as adults. Dreamcast was good, but yeah, came too late, so didn't last. Kind of like one of my favorite systems, the Atari 7800. The first 8 bit Atari system, but came out after NES, so was not only overshadowed by Nintendo, but with people hating on Atari after the disastrous 5200, it was doomed. But, on the up side, easy to collect now because it has a small library haha. I might try to collect all of those and Gamecube.

I hear Shenmue is pretty good, anyone here play it? I know the original is a Dreamcast exclusive, 2 came out for Dreamcast and the original X Box and 3 is supposed to be coming out on PS4. Would you guys recommend it? I remember reading that if you take to long to finish the original game, the final boss kills you?

I was going to get a Dreamcast years ago when I heard Resident Evil: Code Veronica was on it, but then decided not to at the time when I found out it was being ported to PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Yeah, believe it or not, some people today collect Neo Geo, now that they can afford it and some of the games as adults. Dreamcast was good, but yeah, came too late, so didn't last. Kind of like one of my favorite systems, the Atari 7800. The first 8 bit Atari system, but came out after NES, so was not only overshadowed by Nintendo, but with people hating on Atari after the disastrous 5200, it was doomed. But, on the up side, easy to collect now because it has a small library haha. I might try to collect all of those and Gamecube.

I hear Shenmue is pretty good, anyone here play it? I know the original is a Dreamcast exclusive, 2 came out for Dreamcast and the original X Box and 3 is supposed to be coming out on PS4. Would you guys recommend it? I remember reading that if you take to long to finish the original game, the final boss kills you?

I was going to get a Dreamcast years ago when I heard Resident Evil: Code Veronica was on it, but then decided not to at the time when I found out it was being ported to PS2.
        I loved Shenmue. There were moments where if you took them in isolation you could think "what the **** is this all about" but as an overall experience it was brilliant. Shenmue 2 was probably better as they cut our the more meandering part of 1 and kept it nice and brisk paced, while still not losing the Shenmue feel. Some people didn't like it only came out in subtitled English.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
          I loved Shenmue. There were moments where if you took them in isolation you could think "what the **** is this all about" but as an overall experience it was brilliant. Shenmue 2 was probably better as they cut our the more meandering part of 1 and kept it nice and brisk paced, while still not losing the Shenmue feel. Some people didn't like it only came out in subtitled English.

English version was released for the original Xbox a classic

Comment

Working...
          X