Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Knocks Out Miguel Vazquez in Ninth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good win for Taylor. Vazquez may not be at his best now but he's still ok and Taylor not having many fights at pro level.

Comment

Taylor / Prograis / Lipinets / Figueroa / Orozco / Saucedo - these dudes need to fight each other! Boxing fans would benefit from a box-off. I think Prograis is fighting Postol.

Comment

Originally posted by Herdis View Post
        Lipinets would beat him
        Sure pal, lipinets couldn't handle a complete bum in his last fight without controversy

Comment

Taylor's looking good.

Comment

I just got back from the fight last night.

Watching Taylor break people down, up-close, is something else. This guy really sits down on his shots and flows well in the ring. The body shots really hurt Vasquez in the 8th and 9th I could see it on his face, he was still hurting from the 2 previous digs to the body and tried to go into survival mode, Taylor seen it and targeted the body again to finish him.

Great stuff from the Tartan Tornado. World honours fast approaching and a solid win over an experienced and tricky opponent.

Comment

Taylor's an exciting fighter to watch. He just gradually beat down Vazquez and made him look old. It definitely was a big step up for Taylor and he delivered, stopping Vazquez for the first time in his career.

Comment

Great stuff from Taylor. Good commentary form oul Riitchie Woodhall! Always lines out where the fighter's going wrong without being overly negative or critical.

A bit similar there to Burnett the other week, he's got all the tools, but just lacking that bit of experience, decision-making and such. Of course they've both stepped up their level of competition very quickly, as seems to be the trend these days.

Would like to see him take that European belt first then fight the weakest of those world level guys being mentioned, I think he's a way off beating the likes of Postol or Indongo just yet. Very likeable dude, and them Scottish fans are nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Herdis View Post
                  Taylor struggled again Vasquez, there is no way he would be a Lipinet, Amir, Postol etc.. He is now the new hype job from the UK considering all the he is a beast/monster rhetoric being posted her
                  Lipinets went life and death with a japanese journeyman

Postol- we'll have to see his return

Amir imam was hype who got smashed by Granados

I'd put Taylor near the top 5 in the division now

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
                    Great stuff from Taylor. Good commentary form oul Riitchie Woodhall! Always lines out where the fighter's going wrong without being overly negative or critical.
                    Yeah i agree mate. I like listening to him, one of the best around i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      Yeah i agree mate. I like listening to him, one of the best around i reckon.
                      Yeah He's not the most charismatic, but very good technically... I like Froch too, he's always good value.

The Americans are great talkers, but they tend to concentrate on psychology, drama and history, I'm thinking Kellerman, Lampley here, always referring to those damn punchstats :P Malignaggi's a beast!

Comment

Working...
                      X