Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Texans Owner Apparently Said, "Cant have the inmates running the prison"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    No I wouldn't stand for it. I also do think actually not think but know that the cops harass minorities specifically blacks at a disproportionate rate.

I also think that there is a larger reason for said harassment aside from they could get away with it, although that does play a small role.
    Oh, you do? But when I tell you about good black vs regular black, you act like I was talking gibberish. Asking me about how can I have that problem Jamaica. Well, it's a problem both in Jamaica and America for young blak men.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Solid post but why waste your time explaining? Some of them have their minds made it, aint no changing that.
      Because Big Javi is a pretty level headed guy when we talk. May not change his mind but he'll listen and take it into consideration

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Because Big Javi is a pretty level headed guy when we talk. May not change his mind but he'll listen and take it into consideration
        I don't know about that he believes in some crazy stuff.

Comment

Take the opiate issue, if they were to do buy-an-busts in the middle class white neighborhoods a lot of them would be arrested and increase the percentage of whites that are arrested. Same thing if the did buy-and-busts close to university campuses we would see a lot of whites arrested for buying drugs but no they only targeted black communities when it came to those buy-and-bust strategies. This is an example of the crime stats being manipulated. Worse now they are treating the heroin epidemic like a healthcare issue instead of a criminal issue.

Then some of them act like we are speaking gibberish when we say the crime statistics can be manipulated by targeting certain areas.

Comment

Take the opiate issue, if they were to do buy-an-busts in the middle class white neighborhoods a lot of them would be arrested and increase the percentage of whites that are arrested. Same thing if the did buy-and-busts close to university campuses we would see a lot of whites arrested for buying drugs but no they only targeted black communities when it came to those buy-and-bust strategies. This is an example of the crime stats being manipulated. Worse now they are treating the heroin epidemic like a healthcare issue instead of a criminal issue.

Then some of them act like we are speaking gibberish when we say the crime statistics can be manipulated by targeting certain areas.
            I don't remember crack cocaine being treated as a healthcare issue when i was growing up. I remember a whole bunch of people going to prison. They came up with new laws to punish crack users and dealers more harsh than other drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              can not knock down the cops (majority) who are NOT like that in any way.

basically cant punish the many for the mistakes of a few.
              Yes, you can. The good ones need to step up and out the bad ones.

unless you feel that the "system" itself is racist....

and by saying that its actually wrong since there are successful black/brown people in america
              Yes, there is a systemic racism within the police force. The origination of the police is from slave patrol. The same slave patrol during slavery became the police force after. Their mandate has always been to contain blacks. Not because their mandate had extended to "rehabilitate" whites, means their purpose has changed. If you can't see that "blackness" is criminalized you are still sleeping.

and ben shapiro has been arguing this for a while now and no one seems to understand or listen to actual facts and not opinions.
              Some things he's said i have agreed with and some i don't.

Comment

I don't remember crack cocaine being treated as a healthcare issue when i was growing up. I remember a whole bunch of people going to prison. They came up with new laws to punish crack users and dealers more harsh than other drugs.
                The thing is if it's a societal ill that mostly affects Blacks, the thinking is to criminalize it and lock them away to deal with the problem. If it's a societal ill that affects Whites, more thinking and research will have to be done to correct this problem. Locking them away won't solve the issue.

That's why diversity is needed when it comes to any major issue.

Comment

The thing is if it's a societal ill that mostly affects Blacks, the thinking is to criminalize it and lock them away to deal with the problem. If it's a societal ill that affects Whites, more thinking and research will have to be done to correct this problem. Locking them away won't solve the issue.

That's why diversity is needed when it comes to any major issue.
                  Then why isn't the black community conducting this research and fixing these problems themselves? Why is the onus on everyone else to fix their **** for them?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Then why isn't the black community conducting this research and fixing these problems themselves? Why is the onus on everyone else to fix their **** for them?
                    Oh. You never grasped it. I was referring to ways the lawmakers and policymakers deal with different issues not your average citizens who don't decide where the funding goes.

Comment

I agree they could do drugbusting in middle class neighborhoods..

But Here is the major difference..

Police start at the most urgent..

Where do all the police calls come from? Or which area has the highest volume of calls to police from citizens.

That's the main driving force for where these "crackdowns" happen and not really the "hey let's go arrest some blacks"

Its complaint and incident rate driven

Comment

Working...
                      X