No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holm on Mayweather-McGregor: That Was an Early Stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    Let's not forget Holm chose not to tap and instead got choked out by Meisha Tate so she's one of the them take me out on a stretcher kinda fighters.
    and it was on the same night that conor tapped!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      This is why I say that refs need to allow fights to reach a conclusive finish. Be slow to pull the trigger on a stoppage like they used to be back in the day.

Perhaps the 3 knockdown rule and the standing 8 count need to be brought back and used more often.

That way the winner gets full credit.
      Yeah, who cares if it puts more lives at risk. People need that extra bit of confirmation.

Connor had nothing left in the tank. He wasn't throwing back and he didn't have the power to trouble Floyd. The fight was done.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Who?

I'd assume major boxing title would be the WBC, WBA, WBO & IBF. I'd assume major MMA title to be UFC, Bellator, WSOF, Pride & Strikeforce.

I'm not aware of anyone except Holm who's won both side of those belts, but who's won lesser boxing & MMA titles? How low we going exactly?
        I'm trying to think of some examples, and can't come up with any.

I know Vitali Klitschko had a fair bit of success in kickboxing, and Paul Briggs had the WKA (World Kickboxing Association) title and came very, very close to winning a WBC world champion boxing title against Adamek.

But kickboxing isn't the same as MMA. MMA is even further away from boxing, which makes it harder and very impressive to be a champion in both.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          LOL, watch how the floyd fans turn on holm.

they were riding her coat tail since she beat ronda and they hate ronda since ronda was suppose to beat floyd in a boxing match LOL.
          Interesting. I'd be curious to know how you know Floyd fans like Holm? You did a poll or something?

Comment

Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
            Interesting. I'd be curious to know how you know Floyd fans like Holm? You did a poll or something?
            no need for a poll, are you 14?

there was countless post from the floyd fans when ever there is a thread or post about ronda or boxing vs mma. they will bring up holm and say holm was a boxer turned mma fighter that beat the crap out of ronda. when ever there is a debate on boxing vs mma, they bring up holm all the time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              I'm trying to think of some examples, and can't come up with any.

I know Vitali Klitschko had a fair bit of success in kickboxing, and Paul Briggs had the WKA (World Kickboxing Association) title and came very, very close to winning a WBC world champion boxing title against Adamek.

But kickboxing isn't the same as MMA. MMA is even further away from boxing, which makes it harder and very impressive to be a champion in both.
              Yea I can't think of anyone myself who's won anything legit. The ONLY one I can think who's done anything like Holm with belts in both professions is Butterbean who "won" that stupid 4 round WBC belt in boxing lol & a minor minor league MMA belt. And that is nothing major as was the qualifier obviously.

And yea lotsa kickboxers & muay thai guys have crossed over to boxing & MMA & had success. In fact one of the reasons I think Holm had the success she had is cuz she was ultimately a kickboxer first which I believe is one of the best bases for success in boxing & MMA among other combat sports. Kickboxing is probably the #1 other sport to be from in boxing & maybe 3rd behind BJJ & wrestling for MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Yeah, who cares if it puts more lives at risk. People need that extra bit of confirmation.

Connor had nothing left in the tank. He wasn't throwing back and he didn't have the power to trouble Floyd. The fight was done.
                ref needs to know when to stop a fight and not let a fighter take to many damage, but in the floyd fight that was early! im not saying conor has a chance to beat floyd but when the fight was stopped floyd missed the 2 punches that he threw at conor!

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

Don't debate with these guys. They'll try and tell you how mcgregor almost killed floyd with a body shot in the 9th

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    floyd's punches wont leave you brain damage. if anything, its more like a massage.
                    haha that's funny you think that you've probably never been in a fight in your life

Comment

I understand casual fans not understanding or caring about how risky it is for a fighter to take unnecessary punishment, but it's a shame that there are people in the fighting community who are disregarding the safety of their fellow fighters and making comments like Holm's.

McGregor's legs were totally shot at the beginning of the 10th round. At the time of the stoppage, McGregor was absolutely incapable of defending himself. He not only wasn't throwing punches back, he was longer even able to grab Floyd and tie him. In other words, McGregor was a punching bag totally at Floyd's mercy.

Anybody who watches the stoppage and is intellectually honest will acknowledge that if the ref didn't stop the fight, there was only one possible outcome: McGregor would continue eating big punches, every one of them unnecessary and putting his health (and perhaps life) in jeopardy.

Comment

Working...
                      X