No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik vs Scott Sigmon June 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Pavlik vs Scott Sigmon June 8th

Kelly Pavlik-Scott Sigmon Fight Back On - And Now It’s A Genuine Grudge-Match!

By James Slater: Former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik will have his second fight under new trainer Robert Garcia on June 8th in Las Vegas. “The Ghost” has told Vindy.com that as soon as the contract for his fight with Scott Sigmon arrives, he will sign it.

The two were originally supposed to fight tomorrow night (April 14th, on the Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa card that has become Rios-Richard Abril) - but Pavlik says he never actually agreed to the fight, nor did he even see a contract. This angered Sigmon, who says “I didn’t like the fact that Kelly Pavlik was trying to say that I was a liar, making the fight up to get famous.”

Sigmon DID sign a contract to fight Pavlik on April 14th, but the fight is now re-set for June 8th at The Hard Rock in Vegas - at least it will be when Pavlik signs on the dotted line. And what we have now is a genuine grudge-match, between two fighters who have angered one another.

“I can guarantee you it’ll be my first priority,” Pavlik said with regard to signing the contract. “I want that fight. I guess he [Sigmon] upset Top Rank and Cameron Dunkin pretty good. I will tip my hat to him - he did a helluva job self-promoting. Nobody would have heard of him without that. At the same time, some of the things he said really upset me.

“It’s one thing to say you think I ducked you or that I’m a coward. But he turned it into a personal level. Mark my words - this is one of the biggest fights I’ve ever wanted.”

Now campaigning as a 168-pounder, 30-year-old Pavlik, 38-2(33) will look to collect his third win since returning to the ring from a spell in rehab. A new fighter under Garcia, Pavlik looks to have too much for Sigmon, 22-3(12) - on paper, that is.

Sigmon really wants this fight, he sounds hugely motivated for it and he is a tough, durable (never-stopped) fighter. “It’s not my life accomplishment to get in the ring with Kelly Pavlik,” Sigmon said, “My life accomplishment will be to beat Kelly Pavlik.”

And Sigmon, known as “Cujo,” is younger than Pavlik at age 25 and he has fought as high as 178-pounds in the past; maybe he will be stronger and hit harder than Pavlik is anticipating? Set for ten-rounds, I have a feeling this one will go the limit. Pavlik is looking towards one day challenging for and winning a major belt at super-middleweight. Sigmon, who has won his last six, doesn’t sound like a guy who will go quietly, however.

For Sigmon, June 8th will present him with the fight of a lifetime. For Pavlik, June 8th will be a date he can ill afford to slip up on.

Article posted on 13.04.2012

East Side Boxing

Is this what they're doing now?

Having fighters face bums but passing them off as "grudge matches"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

You gotta market it somehow.

You can't just label it "Bum tour" or something.

Kelly fighting the right kind of fights right now. Needs to gain synergy with Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

your posts reverberate with positivity

Comment

I don't mind him fighting these kind of people... for now. I think he should take a couple more, get back into it, get a good chemistry with Garcia and build his confidence back up. I expect a step up in opponent though by at least next year.

Comment

Scott "Cujo" Sigmon

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Scott "Cujo" Sigmon

lol

club fighters

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                lol

club fighters
                Whoa whoa whoa.. he's the WBC United States (USNBC) super middleweight title... that's some serious shit there. Pavlik's going against a champion... he may be in trouble, this is a whole other level you know!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                  Kelly Pavlik-Scott Sigmon Fight Back On - And Now It’s A Genuine Grudge-Match!

By James Slater: Former middleweight king Kelly Pavlik will have his second fight under new trainer Robert Garcia on June 8th in Las Vegas. “The Ghost” has told Vindy.com that as soon as the contract for his fight with Scott Sigmon arrives, he will sign it.

The two were originally supposed to fight tomorrow night (April 14th, on the Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa card that has become Rios-Richard Abril) - but Pavlik says he never actually agreed to the fight, nor did he even see a contract. This angered Sigmon, who says “I didn’t like the fact that Kelly Pavlik was trying to say that I was a liar, making the fight up to get famous.”

Sigmon DID sign a contract to fight Pavlik on April 14th, but the fight is now re-set for June 8th at The Hard Rock in Vegas - at least it will be when Pavlik signs on the dotted line. And what we have now is a genuine grudge-match, between two fighters who have angered one another.

“I can guarantee you it’ll be my first priority,” Pavlik said with regard to signing the contract. “I want that fight. I guess he [Sigmon] upset Top Rank and Cameron Dunkin pretty good. I will tip my hat to him - he did a helluva job self-promoting. Nobody would have heard of him without that. At the same time, some of the things he said really upset me.

“It’s one thing to say you think I ducked you or that I’m a coward. But he turned it into a personal level. Mark my words - this is one of the biggest fights I’ve ever wanted.”

Now campaigning as a 168-pounder, 30-year-old Pavlik, 38-2(33) will look to collect his third win since returning to the ring from a spell in rehab. A new fighter under Garcia, Pavlik looks to have too much for Sigmon, 22-3(12) - on paper, that is.

Sigmon really wants this fight, he sounds hugely motivated for it and he is a tough, durable (never-stopped) fighter. “It’s not my life accomplishment to get in the ring with Kelly Pavlik,” Sigmon said, “My life accomplishment will be to beat Kelly Pavlik.”

And Sigmon, known as “Cujo,” is younger than Pavlik at age 25 and he has fought as high as 178-pounds in the past; maybe he will be stronger and hit harder than Pavlik is anticipating? Set for ten-rounds, I have a feeling this one will go the limit. Pavlik is looking towards one day challenging for and winning a major belt at super-middleweight. Sigmon, who has won his last six, doesn’t sound like a guy who will go quietly, however.

For Sigmon, June 8th will present him with the fight of a lifetime. For Pavlik, June 8th will be a date he can ill afford to slip up on.

Article posted on 13.04.2012

East Side Boxing

I like this kind of fight for Kelly. Steady work and not too high caliber. Depending on how the fight goes its going to prove if Kelly is really training to come back or taking it easy. Its boxing and anything can happen if you dont tie all your loose ends. See: Thompson KO2 Linares. That's why they fight the fights.

TBH if Kelly wins I would like to see him fight someone like Ishida (after Pirog beats him) then go after Pirog.

I think Pavlik vs Pirog would be a big seller here esp on the east coast maybe Atlantic City. Tons of ways they can sell that fight. USA vs Russia angle etc.

Might just be wishful thinking from a Pavlik fan but I hope he kicks it into gear and gets back to form.

Comment

They had a ******ed twitter war a little while back. I remember Pavlik brought up Sigmon when he was in the Boxing Lab radio complaining that he never got a contract or something like that as if people would know what the hell he was talking about or even care.

Comment

Working...
                    X