Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd Mayweather Jr will eventually be appreciated by fans later on...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Well we don't know if he was the best or not when he retired.
    He beat all the greats from his era..He was clearly the best

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      He beat all the greats from his era..He was clearly the best
      Yes he had a better resume than Spence, Thurman etc etc. But he fought exhibition fights and not the toughest to close career out.
      If you can beat them why don't you fight them? I mean why didn't he fight Sergio Martinez and he could have beat him? Why let Miguel do it when you can?
      It'd be better to beat Spence rather than berto or connor

Comment

He will never be appreciated by those who wanted to see him fail, the millions who hated that their favorite boxers not only lost to Floyd, but often in clear and almost humiliating fashion.

But, purists generations from now will study him on film, will see the precision for the beauty that it is.

He will be in the same arguments as Pep and Locche and Whitaker and Toney when it comes to best defense.

And he will have that 0.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Yes he had a better resume than Spence, Thurman etc etc. But he fought exhibition fights and not the toughest to close career out.
          If you can beat them why don't you fight them? I mean why didn't he fight Sergio Martinez and he could have beat him? Why let Miguel do it when you can?
          It'd be better to beat Spence rather than berto or connor
          Floyd had no obligation to got fight a middleweight nor fight any of the younger fighters..The guy was on the p4p list since the 90's and beat the who's who of boxing...Just because you did n ot get the pleasure of seeing him lose does not mean he he had more to prove...Hell Manny is still active should he fight Spence or Canelo or GGG??

Comment

He's already appreciated by people who love the sport for what it is, which is a large minority of the boxing fanbase. And he can be abrasive and has made some decisions that people will never agree with, so I can understand where some of the hate comes from.

He will always be a polarizing figure, but I find it hard to believe that you can be a fan of the actual SPORT of boxing and not like Mayweather.

Comment

For sure. One of the greatest to ever lace them up if not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                why would he have to go out on a shield?? how does that even make sense?

some people want to see fighters broke and beaten completely senseless, evidently.

Comment

Like/hate Floyd. I like when they show him giving back, helping the less fortunate, and being a good person. His boxing skills are out of this world. Second to none. Then he opens his mouth and ****s it all up. Acts all gangsta picking up domestics and ****. Cherry picking and fighting past prime fighters. I know some will be butt hurt but **** tbe.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    some people want to see fighters broke and beaten completely senseless, evidently.
                    I see, I just asked him since Manny is still active should he fight Spence,GGG or Canelo and he vanished...

Comment

The talent has never been questioned. And imho, from 135 and below, he was everything that was the sweet science. After he took the name "money", he changed up, to his benefit. Hes going to forever be a polarizing figure, appreciated, despised, etc. In the end, hes still a 1st ballot HOFer, probably all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                      X