Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua, Hearn Stand Firm: Wilder Fight Must Be in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if he dosent care about the money then course should be in the uk joshua has all the belts so wilder is the challenger then rematch in america if somehow wilder lands cos only way he will win with his poor boxing skills

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      They have to. What’s annoying is that from the start I knew Joshua will insist on fighting in the U.K. I don’t blame him either but he should have been forthcoming instead of flirting with the idea of fighting in the states knowing full well that that was never going to happen
      Totally agree with you, I cannot back of defend AJ here. I understand his point as he is the A-side and he has put in more work than Wilder in a short space of time, but when you commit yourself like he did then he cannot then turn around and say I want the fight at home. He might want to go to America for that fight, but then his people would probably say no to it, that is to protect their investment in him. Which I totally get, but now they need to offer Wilder a better deal, because the bigger money for this fight is in America with that 50million offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Totally agree with you, I cannot back of defend AJ here. I understand his point as he is the A-side and he has put in more work than Wilder in a short space of time, but when you commit yourself like he did then he cannot then turn around and say I want the fight at home. He might want to go to America for that fight, but then his people would probably say no to it, that is to protect their investment in him. Which I totally get, but now they need to offer Wilder a better deal, because the bigger money for this fight is in America with that 50million offer.
        The money just doesn't exist in the UK. #40m collectively? SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          The money just doesn't exist in the UK. #40m collectively? SMH.
          I doubt it makes that much here. I doubt it makes even that in America. The 50m is an offer that they probably put together from investors. If it’s a strictly PPV deal then I doubt they find 50m for AJ

Comment

• Comment

• It would be foolish for AJ and team to fight anywhere but England for fight #1. 1/10th the crowd in the States, less money, less interest. It will be a mammoth event in England. Here? Not that much.

Comment

• **** Wilder.

Let him fight Brezeale for $3m. Joshua can go fight Povetkin $25m.

Comment

• Location dictates AJ's guarantee of $50M

Since the $50M guarantee to AJ is only if the fight happens in the USA then AJ should up his offer to fight Wilder in the UK. I believe Wilder would accept a 60/40 split if AJ gets to dictate the location. AJ will have to bend as Wilder will not accept a flat fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I doubt it makes that much here. I doubt it makes even that in America. The 50m is an offer that they probably put together from investors. If it’s a strictly PPV deal then I doubt they find 50m for AJ
                    It definitely makes much more than that in America. They weren't offering $50 million out of their own pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by gntsfan84 View Post
                      Just make this a 2 fight deal like AJ vs Wlad was supposed to be; first fight in the UK and 2nd fight in the USA.
                      That is fair only if the $50M is off the table and AJ agrees to a 60/40 split. Wilder is entitled to 40% and would be willing (imo) to accept that. Wilder intends to knock AJ's head off his shoulders and AJ fears that greatly. Wilder is fighting for glory as much as he is fighting for money. AJ is playing the Floyd Mayweather angle and it ain't flying.

Comment

Working...
                      X