Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis-Klitschko post fight interview(hilarious)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarrySlisk View Post
    I saw the fight for the first time a couple of days ago. I think that it was pretty equal. Lewis did better in the second half. Lewis landed some hard punches and looked dangerous but Vitali landed more. All in all pretty equal to me.

I have heard over the years that Lewis was out of shape and fat. Maybe he was out of shape (he looked exhausted at times) but he did not look fat to me.

PS! I'm a Vitali fan which is why I had not seen the fight before. I hate to see my favorite fighters lose.
    Lewis come in at his career heaviest and was 8 lbs heavier than in his last fight (12 months earlier) against Tyson.

The stats don't lie.

Comment

Vitali should be grateful the ringside doc stopped the fight. He got saved from an embarrassing KO and possible permanent disfigurement. His legs were starting to get all noodley by the end of the 6th round. No doubt in my mind that he would've been on his back before the end of the 7th if the fight had've continued.

Comment

I love the "clearly dominating the fight after winning 4 out of 6 rounds", y'all do realize that was still only the first half of the scheduled 12. It was a good fight, good call to stop, its a shame these two didn't meet earlier when Lewis was properly prepared to take on someone as good as Vitaly. I love Vit but IMO a prime Lewis beats him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2011 View Post
          Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the shit out of Lewis and made him look like a bitch.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his bitch ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.
          I certify that every word in this post is true. Before anyone says that Lennox was old, that Vitali would have beaten any version of Lennox Lewis imho.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
            And yes he was beating Lewis' ass. In fact Lewis never hit him with a hard right hand once. Even despite the cut that was caused by a headbutt, he saw every punch. He saw every punch.
            It was headbutt ...PMSL

Comment

Vitali at his very best couldn't beat Lennox at his very worst
              END OF THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                I love the "clearly dominating the fight after winning 4 out of 6 rounds", y'all do realize that was still only the first half of the scheduled 12. It was a good fight, good call to stop, its a shame these two didn't meet earlier when Lewis was properly prepared to take on someone as good as Vitaly. I love Vit but IMO a prime Lewis beats him down.
                Exactly, and how many KOs does Lennox have in his career after round 8? Zero. How many does Vitali has? I would have been Lennox a round or two to KO Vitali, but if Vitali was still around after that then Vitali who carries his power late would have stopped Lewis in the late rounds no question.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                  Exactly, and how many KOs does Lennox have in his career after round 8? Zero. How many does Vitali has? I would have been Lennox a round or two to KO Vitali, but if Vitali was still around after that then Vitali who carries his power late would have stopped Lewis in the late rounds no question.
                  Lewis TKO6 Klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                    You seem to forget that Lennox was throwing more in the 5th and 6th than earlier in the fight...and he was having a significantly higher land rate. If I remember correctly he landed something like 56% of his punches in the 5th round, he was starting to land at will and turn up the volume and Vit was starting to lose his legs. Sure Vitaly has a better late-fight KO rate, but with that cut and Lewis turning things up...don't know if he would have been nearly as successful as he was early in the fight, especially with that cut.

Comment

Nowadays I kind of wished the Lewis-Vitaly fight wouldn't haven't gotten stop. Just so Vitaly could have lost his eye sight. Therefor forced to retire early. And, wouldn't have witnessed this overrated career. With his racist fans making crap up.

Comment

Working...
                      X