• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    B.UTLER, was this your old account?
    One of my old accounts lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I'm past 30, my pops said the trip up to 35 is slow the trip down is twice as fast. I can't believe I've been a member since 2009, but was reading as a guest since 2005...

I need to give up my love of boxing, but I can't.. My grand father was a boxer... He claimed to know Max Baer

I'll be here..... Now back to non stop boxing..
      Joined because I love boxing but now spend more time here shooting the **** as much of the sport leaves me cold atm

As an example, I watched Mundine fight last night and Jeff Horn's promoter is seriously entertaining a fight between the 2

What a heap of ****

Rather hear about B.utler's experience with BBC than watch that crap

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        Might cost me a bit of money in the short term but I am pretty much cashed up as some valuations are way over the top and interest rates/inflation are likely to increase.

What's more (and this will sound completely irrational to some), when I see that Jeff Bezos is the worlds wealthiest man due to his shareholding in a perennial loss maker, my gut tells me that something is amiss
        I agree with your sentiment that valuations are out of control right now, I'm standing on the sidelines. Not even going to invest in index funds until i see some dips.

Amazon is not losing money. They spend every cent of profit to continue to grow distribution channels, etc.

If you add back into the bottom-line what they spend of growth, the PE would be a much more manageable 30 instead of the 330 it currently is at.

Their cloud computing AWS is a straight up cash cow with a huge market share.

Amazon prime has 185 million members all paying roughly $100 a year, thats 18.5 BILLION a year just in membership fees, not including all the stuff those people are buying

Within 5 years revenues will be a few hundred billion a year

in a decade it will be a trillion a year in revenues

Alexa alone contributes billions of year and is growing rapid and still in its infancy.

by 2030 or so, amazon will not need to spend on growth and thats when you see a small dividend be introduced which will become like PG or ATT and be a dividend stalwart that raises its payout every year.

I use to think about amazon the same way you did, same concerns about profitability as they did have negative earnings every quarter. But now they actually have positive earnings per share, and soon will be a super profitable company when growth spending subsides with tremendous economic moats protecting it.

If the PE drops below 300, ideally below 280, I'm buying more

Comment

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with 3d systems DDD

these mofos are all over the place in the past week. up 7%, down 3.5, up 5%, down 4%, etc.

Huge swings..

Me thinky its a huge whale opening up a huge position causing the drive up in price, and all the people that bought at 6,7,8 dollars are all taking profits causing the big drops.

Very erratic

Comment

siablo14

Is this the flow stock you were talking about? Flow spx

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FLOW?ltr=1

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              It's the official lounge stock market investment advice thread.

I have been interested in the markets and investments since I was a kid and have been an active investor since my teenage years.. I have a degree in business and a minor in finance and accounting.

I have a fairly good track record over 2 decades of investing..

If you have any questions about investing or how the stock market works, or bonds, etc. please feel free to post them. I will answer all questions..

I'm not expert, but no one really is.. The market has too many variables, but there is a way to pinpoint good value and make wise investments..

My strategy involves long term investments and not get rich quick type trading

So please, ask away and I shall answer
              Good thread, although what I find interesting at least in Southern California is that very rich old Jewish business guy and every rich Chinese person I know made immense profit off real estate investing compare to stocks.

I'm still young but have pretty good early career pay,and is heading deep into real estate. I do hold some very nice stocks. Nvda/Match among the two biggest. But I just freak out putting significant amounts into the stock market. I much rather save up for real estate investments and have maybe half a dozen houses by age 40 over big time stock investing.But if you are great at stocks, than of course that's the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                Good thread, although what I find interesting at least in Southern California is that very rich old Jewish business guy and every rich Chinese person I know made immense profit off real estate investing compare to stocks.

I'm still young but have pretty good early career pay,and is heading deep into real estate. I do hold some very nice stocks. Nvda/Match among the two biggest. But I just freak out putting significant amounts into the stock market. I much rather save up for real estate investments and have maybe half a dozen houses by age 40 over big time stock investing.But if you are great at stocks, than of course that's the way to go.
                Glad you like the thread, please subscribe to it.

Real estate, can have huge huge gains, especially california real estate.
                But can be much more riskier, and it you don't have the bankroll to weather downturns or afford the taxes, etc while you are holding it.
                But yes, real estate is a great longterm investment for the most part.
                It provides shelter, it has limited supple (god aint making anymore, and rising sea levels, land is slowly shrinking, and huge demand as people/companies always need space)

Rentals are great but you have to go big or go home.. The more rentals the better.. Having 1-3 sucks, but if you can build it to 8 or 9,, then 12, then 20-25, the cash flow allows you to handle any maintenance issues and allows for more to be bought.
                The key is managing cash flow and to scale up.

Im familiar with Nvdia, but not match, what is that?

I currently have a limit order set for Nvidia at 215. It hit midday 215.36 last week but didn't hit my 215.00.

instead bought MKSI which is a small-mid cap semiconductor stock about 4 weeks ago because its P/e was way behind the sector average, yet earnings and growth were solid. Since i bought it has popped 10% when earnings came out.

Nvidia had such a run last year, and looking at the PE, its at 55-60, Just too rich of a valuation for me to buy at the moment.
                Im about 6 months to late.

I think the market will have a cool off around may as money managers will cash out the huge gains made and preserve their gains for the year.

Nvidida is a great stock, so its on my target list, but over the years i have found the best way to get buy is thru limit orders instead of market orders.

For example, i set a limit order for Facebook at 178 about 2 weeks ago or so. It was trading in the 180s.
                I could have just bought the market order of 180whatever and long term been fine.
                but limit order for 178, and then about 10 days later, boom Facebook plunges 4% hits 178, my order goes thru, and now its recovered into the 180s again.

Always set a limit order of about 2-5% below the current price, it allows you to buy the dips. Of course over time the limit order needs to be adjusted if it never hits.

I also look at P/e short term.. I follow amazon, and would never buy it at anything over 300 p/e..

Never bought it when it was at p/e 1,000..

But amazon now occasionally dips to p/e of 280 or so, and i buy it up.

JP morgan, P/e goes to 12-14,, buy.. Now its at 18, too pricey

Daily prices change, so p/e changes everyday, had have found that exploiting p/e is a great way to look in gains.

Apple like clockwork trades at 9-14 pe.. BUY BUY BUY. this year it has risen to 19.. Too rich for me HOLD HOLD HOLD,, it will be back at under 15 and i will buy more..

The best advice ever is warren buffet..

"price is what you pay, value is what you get"

If nvdia, drops to below 55 p/e i may buy a little, but I'm waiting for it to trade at a reason under 30 p/e.. I need those earnings to catch up to price..

Thats the key.. Earnings need to match price

Tell me more about Match
                Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 01-20-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

siablo14

Is this the flow stock you were talking about? Flow spx

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FLOW?ltr=1
                  No. This:
                  http://www.jamstockex.com/market-dat...ion/cwj/latest
                  http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...isition-of-CWC

Liberty is buying back all the stocks, so it will soon become a private company.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    No. This:
                    http://www.jamstockex.com/market-dat...ion/cwj/latest
                    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...isition-of-CWC

Liberty is buying back all the stocks, so it will soon become a private company.
                    Ok, gotcha, that makes sense then why I couldn’t find it.

Hopefully if they getting bought out, you get a nice premium on the price.

Getting bought by a private company can sometimes suck be they just pay cash and don’t ever give up stock in the exchange. If it was Apple or amazon etc buying it, probably would have gotten some stock in them plus a little cash to make up for any fractional shares you have

Comment

Ok, gotcha, that makes sense then why I couldn’t find it.

Hopefully if they getting bought out, you get a nice premium on the price.

Getting bought by a private company can sometimes suck be they just pay cash and don’t ever give up stock in the exchange. If it was Apple or amazon etc buying it, probably would have gotten some stock in them plus a little cash to make up for any fractional shares you have
                      I never had Flow shares. I would let you know why I didn't by Flow but then that would be sharing too much info about myself on here.

Spence vs Peterson up next who you got?

Comment

Working...
                      X