Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I'd Want Mikey at 140, But There Are Fights at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: I'd Want Mikey at 140, But There Are Fights at 147

Robert Garcia, the older brother and head trainer of four division champion Mikey Garcia (39-1, 30 KOs), says his brother is doing well after suffering the first defeat of his pro career. On Saturday night, at AT&T Stadium in Texas, Mikey tasted defeat when he was dominated over twelve rounds by IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There are winnable fights at 147, but unless he plans on challenging
    Thulani Mbenge for the ibo, he isn’t winning any belts

Comment

He didn't show enough to make me think he can be a real player at 147

Comment

Go back to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
          I think Mikey Garcia vs Danny Garcia at 147 is a good matchup and a fight Mikey can win...

Comment

... "I know its not going to be very easy to get back to 135, especially after building up some muscle to get up to 147. So I would say 140 would probably be best for him, that would be my advice. But if he decides to stay at 147, he can compete against any of the other champions. Errol Spence was just the best."

... Well: the "other champions" at 147 are Porter, Pacman, Thurman, and Crawford (who's out of the picture for Mikey)...

... There are rumors that, next, there will be Spence vs Porter and Thurman vs Pacman... therefore...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
              ... precisely................................

Comment

Mikey told Spence to his face “you remind me a bit of myself but I have quicker hands ,quicker feet a better inside game and better ring IQ.” You can’t get more disrespectful than that. Well you can he went on to say “ I see holes in your game that I will exploit you have never faced a guy like me” After that I sprinted out of my house and put 2k on Spence to win which was absolutely s#hit odds

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  Mikey told Spence to his face “you remind me a bit of myself but I have quicker hands ,quicker feet a better inside game and better ring IQ.” You can’t get more disrespectful than that. Well you can he went on to say “ I see holes in your game that I will exploit you have never faced a guy like me” After that I sprinted out of my house and put 2k on Spence to win which was absolutely s#hit odds
                  ... that's what fighters usually say before fights... don't forget: they had to sell tickets at the AT&T stadium and PPVs...

Comment

I still wanna see Loma Garcia and it won't happen at 140 in my opinion. Maybe he can step down to 135 by going to 140 later this year and the back to 135 next year. 135 was his best weight in my view.

Comment

Working...
                    X