No announcement yet.

Elite Pro Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Pro Boxing

How are you all doing? I'm a coach at Elite Pro Boxing in Santa Fe Springs. Just wanted to join up and add to the convo. Maybe even learn some more from other coaches or people wanting to learn boxing.

EliteProBoxing.com

Originally posted by EliteProBoxing View Post
    How are you all doing? I'm a coach at Elite Pro Boxing in Santa Fe Springs. Just wanted to join up and add to the convo. Maybe even learn some more from other coaches or people wanting to learn boxing.

EliteProBoxing.com
    hey quick question. I have a five yr old daughter. that shows heavy interest in boxing. what's the best way to guide her progress at this young age?

Comment

Quick answer

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
      hey quick question. I have a five yr old daughter. that shows heavy interest in boxing. what's the best way to guide her progress at this young age?
      Hey thanks for asking, well a good way would be to find a local boxing gym near you. Where she can learn with other kids her age. I've notice in our kids class, kids tend to follow the leader. They will stay in line especially if the other kids are also following. Also helps kids focus and practice better. You could also privately train her, if you want to train her yourself. Start with mitt work, get her use to hitting a target and working her hand eye coordination.

Thanks for the question, you can also contact us at Eliteproboxing.com via our chat box

Comment

Hey thanks for asking, well a good way would be to find a local boxing gym near you. Where she can learn with other kids her age. I've notice in our kids class, kids tend to follow the leader. They will stay in line especially if the other kids are also following. Also helps kids focus and practice better. You could also privately train her, if you want to train her yourself. Start with mitt work, get her use to hitting a target and working her hand eye coordination.

Thanks for the question, you can also contact us at Eliteproboxing.com via our chat box
        we do stuff at home. I haven't found a gym that's allows kids.

not expecting her to be a prodigy, but is there anything special I should look for to see if she is a natural or is she to young to make a judgement.

Comment

we do stuff at home. I haven't found a gym that's allows kids.

not expecting her to be a prodigy, but is there anything special I should look for to see if she is a natural or is she to young to make a judgement.
          You never know, especially if she likes it. Don't think anyone is a prodigy, some just have a natural aptitude for it. Do some mitts with her and if you feel she has speed and power that's a start. Everything else is just learned with handwork and dedication. Like hand placement, footwork etc.

I show my class that I teach at 3:30pm on twitch under the user name John Nitro. You are more than welcome to watch it and have her do the same techniques. It's free to watch, just have to find me on there. I offer that service for people that aren't in the area, but are still interested in training. And if they decide to come in and actually join that's even better.

Comment

You never know, especially if she likes it. Don't think anyone is a prodigy, some just have a natural aptitude for it. Do some mitts with her and if you feel she has speed and power that's a start. Everything else is just learned with handwork and dedication. Like hand placement, footwork etc.

I show my class that I teach at 3:30pm on twitch under the user name John Nitro. You are more than welcome to watch it and have her do the same techniques. It's free to watch, just have to find me on there. I offer that service for people that aren't in the area, but are still interested in training. And if they decide to come in and actually join that's even better.
            nice. I'm going to make an account just for you.

she the basics down impressively for age i feel so I want to peruse, but she's my daughter so I'm conflicted.
            thanks for the help.

Comment

nice. I'm going to make an account just for you.

she the basics down impressively for age i feel so I want to peruse, but she's my daughter so I'm conflicted.
              thanks for the help.
              HAHA thanks, appreciate that. Mon to friday at 330pm california time. But thats good that she has the basics down. Id say focus on mitt work and get her hand eye coordination really sharp.

Comment

Working...
              X