Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon. No peds Canelo beat GGG more convincingly in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      "Canelo doesn't have the balls to take a hair follicle test! The cheat will never do it!"

**Canelo takes hair follicle test. It comes up negative.**

"Everyone knows that hair follicle tests are inaccurate! You can't trust them, this is nothing but a publicity stunt from Canelo to con us!"
      yeah the mofos moved the goal posts as soon the news came out..

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        You mean this statement...

Conte gave his take on the growing controversy
        “Clenbuterol is a very potent and effective performance-enhancing drug that would certainly help a boxer,” said Conte to the Las Vegas Review Journal.
        “[Canelo and Golovkin] fought six months ago. What have they been doing since then? For four months, they had the green light to do whatever they wanted.
        “Here, we end up with this dog-ate-my-homework type of excuse and everyone thinks (Canelo) was doing drugs. It is plausible that he did not intentionally cheat. Nobody can say for sure if there was intent or not. He could have used Clenbuterol for three months and there are still traces in his body. Or he could have eaten tainted meat.
        “But these are multi-million-dollar athletes. I’d be shipping in fresh meat from someone other than Mexico. They had to know this was a possibility.”
        now you just proved my point, that was conte before the hair test and as you can see he was very critical on canelo... then he was very proactive about nsac asking canelo to take the hair test, now this is his opinion after all was said and done...

Last edited by icha; 01-27-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          now you just proved my point, that was conte before the hair test and as you can see he was very critical on canelo... then he was very proactive about nsac asking canelo to take the hair test, now this is his opinion after all was said and done...

Did they just test Canelo's pubes for traces of clenbuterol ? lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeks View Post
            It makes little to no sense use clen 3 months out from a fight. The only time you would use it 3 months out from a fight would be if you put on way too much fat in your time off but from his instagram we know Canelo was already trim when he entered camp.
            Clenelo drains down from about 180 to make weight. He needs all the help he can get to lose fat yet maintain muscle in an eight week training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Clenelo drains down from about 180 to make weight. He needs all the help he can get to lose fat yet maintain muscle in an eight week training camp.
              vada 365 and he looks even leaner and with better stamina for the rematch...

Comment

"Canelo doesn't have the balls to take a hair follicle test! The cheat will never do it!"

**Canelo takes hair follicle test. It comes up negative.**

"Everyone knows that hair follicle tests are inaccurate! You can't trust them, this is nothing but a publicity stunt from Canelo to con us!"
                It's not brain surgery, if it came up negative it wasn't reliable, it was already proven he had clen in his system so if the hair test didn't find any clen, it's inaccurate, it should have come back positive for a certain level, not negative

Comment

At least in the case of Canelo Alvarez.

The small amounts found in his system were consistent with meat contamination.

And we know that for reasons of greed and profit the Mexican cattle industry is rife with the practice of using steroids with livestock.

Additionally, there have been instances of other Mexican athletes running into the same problem.

Based on all that I think Canelo's excuse was reasonable. Do you agree?
                  WADA drops clenbuterol case against Mexican soccer players
                  Mexican beef can be a legitimate excuse for clenbuterol in an athlete's blood sample, the World Anti-Doping Agency said
                  https://www.velonews.com/2011/10/new...players_195167

Taking into account that just how old the tainted beef excuse is whenever an athlete fails a ped test, I personally call bull****. But I think Jim Rome's take on the situation sums it up best.

See for yourself.

March 2018

Canelo Alvarez tested positive for a PED ahead of May’s fight with Triple G. It was announced yesterday that he’d failed two tests for clenbuterol last month and that the*May 5th*rematch might be in jeopardy. And if you’re not up on your bronchial dilators that also double as PEDs, here’s a quick refresher. Clenbuterol, as Victor Conte told Yahoo Sports*“helps to retain muscle, or build muscle, and burns body fat, which is exactly what a bodybuilder wants.”*And obviously might be kind of helpful to a boxer as well. A boxer on PEDs?!? I know, shocking, right? I mean first it’s curlers and now it’s boxers. Where will it end? And the only thing less shocking than an athlete testing positive for a PED is an athlete failing to take responsibility for the failed test. Which is pretty much exactly what Canelo’s camp did by… wait for it… blaming beef. Golden Boy Productions said that the test results were*“consistent with meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years.” In other words, the clenbuterol isn’t in his system because he was looking for an edge, but because he was looking for a steak. That bronchial dilator that showed up on the test result isn’t there because Canelo was looking for lean muscle, but because he was looking for a lean porterhouse. Maybe that is the case. Maybe he really did just stumble into some clenbuterol cow. He wouldn’t be the first guy to fail a PED test because of tainted beef. Allegedly. In fact, the tainted beef excuse is one of the oldest in the book. But if that really is the case, it’s awfully convenient.*And awfully close to the biggest fight of his career. His camp is claiming that the amounts on the test were so low that it could only come from bad beef. Maybe. Or maybe it means that it’s been a while since he’d been using the PED and that’s why the amount was low. Either way, more investigation is needed. And Canelo better be prepared to prove and show exactly when and where he slammed the bad beef. Which restaurant served it to him or what store sold it to him, as opposed to some roidhead out in the alley outside his gym. Show me the paper trail leading to the bad meat. For his part, Canelo himself released a statement:*“I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me. I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail.” Embarrassing isn't the right word. Moronic is. Dumb is. Because here is the truth that should’ve prevailed in the first place: if you know that clenbuterol is put into beef in Mexico and China because it produces leaner meat, which it does. And if you know that athletes have failed PED tests in the past allegedly due to this meat, then don’t eat the meat. Very simple. Not complicated. Here’s something else that’s not complicated: you’re a pro athlete; you’re responsible for everything you put in your body. At least you should be. If it is something that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years, as your camp said, then don’t do it. There’s no excuse for that, especially if it’s known. And it is. You had to know that risk was there and still took it. Why? For what? I’m not saying Canelo definitely, knowingly, took a PED as part of a cycle. Just as side-by-side pics of him during a weight cut and fully inflated isn’t evidence that he did or didn’t either. But at the very minimum, he failed a PED test for a very avoidable reason. And to just roll on and act like it’s okay just because he had a bad steak, isn’t good enough. It’s more than embarrassing. At the very best, it’s stupid. And at the very worst, it’s a lot, lot worse. And here’s his other problem. Even if he’s telling the truth; and it’s bad beef and not PED’S, there will always be people now who think he did roid up. Or does roid up.* There will always be people who never buy the tainted beef defense. And if he wins the fight, those same people will say he cheated to do it. That not only is the beef tainted, but so is his win. Because he cheats. So even if he wins, in the eyes of many, he still loses. And he has no one to blame for that but himself. If I know there are cases of tainted beef in Mexico and China, don’t eat the beef in Mexico and China

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post

That said, the negative hair test doesn’t 100% rule out that Canelo wasn’t in fact doping because testing hair for clenbuteol can be quite difficult, particularly with light-colored hair. NSAC commissioner Bob Bennett had this to say on that particular issue:

“We initiated the test to be as comprehensive as possible but knowing it’s very difficult, according to the experts,” Bennett said. “It’s a difficult process to be able to confirm whether there is clenbuterol in the hair follicles, but I talked to (SMRTL president and laboratory director) Dr. (Michael) Eichner and he said they’d run the test even though it is even more difficult to run on light-colored hair. But we sent them the samples and the tests came back negative.”

How can it come back negative when it was proven he had clenbuterol in his system, hair tests are used for a long term picture, so either it was positive and they are lying or it was negative and the test didn't work, take your choice. The fact that testing has improved as each year goes by strengthens what I'm saying, a certain percentage should have shown up in his hair test
                    Last edited by Shape up; 01-28-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                      That said, the negative hair test doesn’t 100% rule out that Canelo wasn’t in fact doping because testing hair for clenbuteol can be quite difficult, particularly with light-colored hair. NSAC commissioner Bob Bennett had this to say on that particular issue:

“We initiated the test to be as comprehensive as possible but knowing it’s very difficult, according to the experts,” Bennett said. “It’s a difficult process to be able to confirm whether there is clenbuterol in the hair follicles, but I talked to (SMRTL president and laboratory director) Dr. (Michael) Eichner and he said they’d run the test even though it is even more difficult to run on light-colored hair. But we sent them the samples and the tests came back negative.”

How can it come back negative when it was proven he had clenbuterol in his system, hair tests are used for a long term picture, so either it was positive and they are lying or it was negative and the test didn't work, take your choice. The fact that testing has improved as each year goes by strengthens what I'm saying, a certain percentage should have shown up in his hair test
                      it came back negative cuz canelo never had significant amounts of clen in his body, as conte explains clen most of the times wont be detected in ultra low amounts on hair tests, those amounts that you get by contaminated food... if he was doping then he will have had bigger amounts at some point and those will have to come out in the test...

Comment

Working...
                      X