Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    A process or a law?

Judges interpret law not processes.

And if there is a law about it, there shouldnt.

Presidents whether conservative or liberal should be able to decide who gets the PRIVILEGE, it's not a RIGHT, to have a press pass and access.

There are thousands of media outlets and thousands of reporters that would cover the White House, CNN nor acosta is not ENTITLED to be one of them.

This is not a partisan issue for me. Obama or another Democrat could do the same to any fox news correspondent.

We dont need judges involved here.

The punishment for these kind of actions is public opinion and the negative reaction to a reporter being kicked out for asking hard questions. (Though in this case it's an annoying reporter trying always to get attention)
    The judges interpretation and application of law to a particular set of facts is what constitutes “due process”. The White House’s revocation without a hearing is what violates due process.

Btw privilege vs right is not a valid argument when it comes to anything involving the law.
    The first amendment is a right( and a also a privilege of being in this country) and a president cannot pick and choose who he lets in. If he opens door to press he must most discriminate. To exclude a particular person he would need a damn good reason which I suspect the judge in this case will find against trump.
    Last edited by Don Pichardo; 11-16-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
      1st amendment.
      HUH? please explain how this fits this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Yes. There is a process to removing press passes. Trump didn't follow the process. That's why the judge ruled Acosta's 5th amendment (due process) was violated as well.
        He asked about a law, not a 'process'.

Try and keep up.

So where in the Constitution does it mention press passes?

The daily WH press briefing itself is an exercised option. It's not mandated.

The only Presidential briefing mandated by the Constitution is the State of the Union. And its required only once a year, not daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
          Jesus Christ.

That idiot 'lawyer' somehow thinks the 1st Amendment applies to press passes????

He must be like those guys in that movie Idiocracy, who would purchase law degrees from the local Costco.

Comment

• If the 1st Amendment applies to the daily WH briefing, then EVERYONE can get access to them by claiming it's within their 1st Amendment rights to show up there.

After all, the 1st Amendment covers us all, not just the press.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              If the 1st Amendment applies to the daily WH briefing, then EVERYONE can get access to them by claiming it's within their 1st Amendment rights to show up there.

After all, the 1st Amendment covers us all, not just the press.
              HAHAHAH this was my point thank you.

Comment

HAHAHAH this was my point thank you.
                Great minds think alike.

Comment

Free speech and freedom of the press, if I recall correctly, is encompassed within the first amendment. If you invite the press in you cant exclude a particular entity without due process.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Jesus Christ.

That idiot 'lawyer' somehow thinks the 1st Amendment applies to press passes????

He must be like those guys in that movie Idiocracy, who would purchase law degrees from the local Costco.
                    Indeed it does. I challenge you to prove me wrong. And no Fox News or breitbart links. Good luck.

Hee Haw. Lol

Comment

• But But But I’m the president.

I’m suppose to be able to do whatever I want.

Comment

Working...
                      X