No announcement yet.

Becoming a boxer, advice needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RossyJames View Post
    I used to eat a lot of bad things such as crisps, chocolates, sweets, energy drinks, drink coke etc and drink alcohol a lot but I've stopped all of that. I now only eat healthy meals, I actually do use slimming shakes but I don't go obsessive on them, I still have at least a meal a day. Besides that I only drink water or milk occasionally, but it's mainly water. Should I stop with drinking milk on it's own?

I understand what you're saying about not needing the extra stress about being obsessive over losing weight and calories but to me it isn't stress, it's something that needs to be done. It isn't getting me down at all, if anything it's making me feel more positive because I know it's another goal of mine that I'm accomplishing. I'm known for being a very happy and a positive person so being strict on losing weight won't give me stress.
    Yes don't stress about weight, just learn and drill good habits into yourself and over time? This will have a accumulative effect. You only eat sweets, and boozed because it was conditioned into you but? That conditioning has been broken now, some people don't have this ability 'Even if they have fallen ill etc' they will just carry on sometimes.

'I can remember in my first year of high school, I wrote a circuit down in my school dairy, well most of the boys in my class did' We where all inspired etc anyway after 6 weeks most of the boys had stopped doing the circuit. Accept for myself and my best friend, because we where doing these circuits on our own at home. 'We formed a habit, which had transferable effects' not even necessarily about exercise.

I have never really been a milk drinker, but if you are not intolerant or anything. I would say Milk is alright, Apparently chocolate milk is meant to be really good for recovery. 'In terms of weight loss a lot of people will state? To cut out dairy, but long term you have to be realistic. Milk does have minerals, vitamins and protein so, you are better off drinking Milk than Fizzy drinks and alcohol. It is the same as wheat some people do well on wheat, it is all about the digestive enzymes you produce etc

That is good that you still eat solid food, eating food actually helps your metabolism. It is like putting coal in one of those train engines, but if you rely on too much shakes? Digestive fire and metabolism gets abit out of sync. Digestion actually takes metabolic energy, that is why sometimes it is hard for people when they are unwell to eat, or have a appetite.

If your goals where primary just about losing weight, you could do that easy and just drink shakes all day. But you are aiming for a combination of things, weight loss, health, and like you stated being positive and happy 'And performance in boxing gym'. It is just all about persistent then, after 1 years habits and lifestyle will become natural.

I suppose those slim shakes have vitamins and minerals within them so, probably they are better than these protein shakes with no addition nutrients.

Comment

I would say join your local amateur boxing club, straight away even if it's only a fitness class at first, you'll find boxing gyms pretty friendly places. Don't expect one on one coaching straight away, but if you train regularly the coaches will notice, circuits are great for getting your fitness up as is the bike and build the running up slowly, 10 mins walking and running 3/4 times a week and add 5 minutes a week to it until you can run 30 minutes. As for losing weight, I'd drop the shakes a recovery shake after training is okay, eliminate all sugar, eat 5/6 healthy meals a day, drink at least 2litre of water a day. Set your self fitness and weight loss goals and reward yourself for reaching them. And evaluate where your at in 3 months. Keep your chin down and your Hands up. Enjoy fella.

Comment

You are motivating man. Boxers are usually in their prime at 28-29 so it is not too late at 22. Some are still doing great at 40 like they did at 30, boxers like Manny Paquiao and former boxer B Hop.
        If you are not counting calories, do it. Also I recommend doing HIIT training, as it is very great cardio to burn fat and maintain muscles. Since you are unfit, train to your own limits.

Comment

Working...
        X