Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN reports Wilder was offered 2 deals to choose $100 or $120 million, both rejected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    there can be only one conclusion. Wilder can't count

................lol

Comment

Told you guys Showtime wasn’t going to go away easy. They have invested heavily in Wilder and they feel the Wilder Joshua fight should be theirs by rights. At least that’s what Espinoza told Mannix on his podcast months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        Told you guys Showtime wasn’t going to go away easy. They have invested heavily in Wilder and they feel the Wilder Joshua fight should be theirs by rights. At least that’s what Espinoza told Mannix on his podcast months ago.
        Showtime can do something DAZN can't. Take what he's being offered, make it his guarantee and then throw in an upside/incentive.

Comment

I really wish we could stop with the X is ducking Y, Y is scared of X scenarios.

Joshua is not scared of Wilder. Wilder is not scared of Joshua. No fighter is ducking any fighter. They are professional fighters.

What's happening is simply business. Their teams are not liking what they see, for whatever reason, and the fight isn't getting done because of it. Many of us have criticized Hearn for his shenanigans, and I believe it was justified. Now if this info proves to be correct, it seems like a great opportunity for Wilder. Let's wait and see what his team says about it on Tuesday, and if they don't have a good excuse, then we can all go in criticizing them.

But if you ask me, the fighters don't deserve any of the blame here. Unfortunately, the culprits are the businessmen behind (or should I even say, in front of) the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            I really wish we could stop with the X is ducking Y, Y is scared of X scenarios.

Joshua is not scared of Wilder. Wilder is not scared of Joshua. No fighter is ducking any fighter. They are professional fighters.

What's happening is simply business.
            Their teams are not liking what they see, for whatever reason, and the fight isn't getting done because of it. Many of us have criticized Hearn for his shenanigans, and I believe it was justified. Now if this info proves to be correct, it seems like a great opportunity for Wilder. Let's wait and see what his team says about it on Tuesday, and if they don't have a good excuse, then we can all go in criticizing them.

But if you ask me, the fighters don't deserve any of the blame here. Unfortunately, the culprits are the businessmen behind (or should I even say, in front of) the fighters.
            sometimes its in the best interest of a business not to make certain fights. when you are trying to get of the ground with your own boxing program on showtime/pbc do you really think its in your best interest to let one of your big stars go fight on dazn for 3-4 fights? yes he personally will make a lot more money but the business will lose out and it will be a double loss because dazn will rise even more in popularity helping someone elses business con which you are in direct competition.

we dont know all the details yet but wilder doesnt seem like hes very...astute. i cant see any possible way they find 100 million dollars laying around with which to supplement him for not going to dazn. seems like they got in his head and convinced him not to do it but in reality they didnt want him to do it for their own interests and not his. thats the danger of "managing" fighters while also trying to run a successful boxing platform of your own.
            Last edited by daggum; 03-18-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Showtime can do something DAZN can't. Take what he's being offered, make it his guarantee and then throw in an upside/incentive.
              I'm sure we'll see Showtime guarantee Wilder 20 mil for Breazeale.

You're very stupid.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  I'm sure we'll see Showtime guarantee Wilder 20 mil for Breazeale.

You're very stupid.
                  What you'll see is Wilder not being tied to anyone. Able to take the offers that suit him.

You calling anyone stupid is hilarious. Respond if you like. You aren't worth any more than this post so this is where my convo with you ends.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

What's happening is simply business. Their teams are not liking what they see, for whatever reason, and the fight isn't getting done because of it. Many of us have criticized Hearn for his shenanigans, and I believe it was justified. Now if this info proves to be correct, it seems like a great opportunity for Wilder. Let's wait and see what his team says about it on Tuesday, and if they don't have a good excuse, then we can all go in criticizing them.

I second this

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      What you'll see is Wilder not being tied to anyone. Able to take the offers that suit him.

You calling anyone stupid is hilarious. Respond if you like. You aren't worth any more than this post so this is where my convo with you ends.
                      Yay he can take 2/3 mil instead of 20 mil. Wilder is so smart. Go run because you know your excuse is pathetic and ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X