Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia: Mikey Now a 147-Pounder, He's Better Than Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
    Not much of an undercard (kind of like a Wilder fight in that regard). This means the PPV which is priced at $75 is a little steep. If Mickie fights like his brother says it could be a boring fight. I would pay $40 to watch the fight but think it is over priced at $75 and plan to skip it. I've been disappointed too many time by PPV's I've purchased.
    $75 is steep for such a crappy undecard but Im still buying. Just get some ppl chip in.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      Because Linares is a GB fighter and every writer that kisses Oscars a$$ over hypes him. The Ring writers called him elite along with Rafael, Fisher, Steve Kim even though he has never beaten a top level fighter.
      your probably right??? They were hyping him like some GREAT when Ive seen a lot of his fights hes out before I even take my coat off or grab a beer....

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        Spence isn't just too much for Mikey, he's too much for every other fighter at 147 as well. He's honestly just the best.

But that's up to him now to prove it, first step was stopping Brook. Now Mikey, then Pac, Porter. Hopefully followed by Keith Thurman if he doesn't get injured again.

At the end, a unification with Crawford after he gets by his bums on ESPN.
        How can you say that with any confidence? He passes the eye test but has a lackluster résumé. Thurman is the best welterweight by résumé, Spence is probably the worst of that group of top guys at WW.

You may be totally right, but it's hard to be sure until he's really tested. A guy moving up 1-2 weight classes to fight him -- when he's a real big WW -- will be his biggest test. Next is Brook which was competitive until the late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
          Im very interested to know who thinks Crawford is the worst champ at ww?

I personally think Thurman/Crawford are both the worst by far at ww,because both seem content with facing wave after wave of specially fit purpose made cans 4 large checks while still being marketed as true champs/p4p etc.(but at least Thurman has a good resume before he went soft)

Imho Crawford is the true hypejob of the division with the weakest resume at ww(even after he kos kahn),he knew when he signed an exclusive espn deal that it would afford him the opportunity to face countless in house scrubs with the built in excuse that nobody wants to fight on espn for low pay when they can fight elsewhere 4 more $ŁŁ & get a better resume. It is my belief that every single exclusive top rank fighter joins 4 the same reasons,it allows them to duck the best til their old enough to cashout with the age excuse if they lose. Fury joined to duck Wilder 4 same exact reason(despite likely deserving the W 1st fight).

Arum ducked FMJ on pacs behalf 4 yrs also because of ped testing,perfect example that top rank is the stable of the worst hypejobs/cherrypickers like Zurdo,espn knows no fighter will sign a multi fight espn deal just to face 1 of his stable.
          You gotta make up your mind on what you are saying. Being the worst and having a bad resume are two different things.

But Crawford is nowhere near the "worst" list. He may have a worse resume in this weight but his skills are on point. We'll see what follows Khan

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
            You gotta make up your mind on what you are saying. Being the worst and having a bad resume are two different things.

But Crawford is nowhere near the "worst" list. He may have a worse resume in this weight but his skills are on point. We'll see what follows Khan
            Of course skillwise crawford I rate as #2 in division,but hes happy fighting c/d levels like most top ranks ww stable or washed up has beens like Khan .

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
              Read first before you post
              Why if mikey beats Spence would he want to go back 135?
              Robert already stated Mikey would stay at 147 or go down 140 for a Big fight
              It must look pity when you tell someone to do what yo actually can't succeed, reading? That was a reply on a question if Mikey WINS.
              Boxing Scene: If he beats Spence, is he a welterweight from now on?

Comment

great, straight from the horses mouth. so no excuses about "being too small"

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                  I can only see Mikey winning by getting an early lead and then quitting when the going gets tough like he did against Salido. I'm glad Crawford reminded him of that, and told him not to quit in this one. If he doesn't quit, he gets stopped.
                  That's ridiculous. Quitting means losing the fight. He didn't quit, he was getting head butt after head butt from that dirty guy Salido until he cut him real bad, so the doctor asked the corner if they wanted to keep risking their fighter to get more head butts or they wanted to stop the fight on the grounds of a big cut by excessive head butts, and of course they were not stupid, they chose to stop it. Salido was knocked down already like three times and he was getting a huge beat up throughout the whole fight, so he decided to head butt Garcia to intimidate him so he would not finish him off with a KO victory. That is not quitting, that is a corner protecting their fighter and his career from a very dirty fighter who should have been disqualified in that fight. BTW who else has knocked Salido down three or more times other than Garcia?

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
                    How can you say that with any confidence? He passes the eye test but has a lackluster résumé. Thurman is the best welterweight by résumé, Spence is probably the worst of that group of top guys at WW.

You may be totally right, but it's hard to be sure until he's really tested. A guy moving up 1-2 weight classes to fight him -- when he's a real big WW -- will be his biggest test. Next is Brook which was competitive until the late stoppage.
                    I mean we saw what Brook did to Porter, Brook handled Porter pretty comfortably.

We saw how badly Thurman struggled with Porter...and Thurman-Garcia fight was close but 7-5 convincing win for Thurman.

Not only by resume, but also by the eye test. Errol's resume is not bad considering who he beat and the WAY in which he beat these guys. I doubt any other welterweight would beat down and stop Brook and Lamont Peterson the way Errol Spence did. They aren't on Spence's level.

Errol wins all of these fights convincingly and picks up stoppages along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                      I mean we saw what Brook did to Porter, Brook handled Porter pretty comfortably.

We saw how badly Thurman struggled with Porter...and Thurman-Garcia fight was close but 7-5 convincing win for Thurman.

Not only by resume, but also by the eye test. Errol's resume is not bad considering who he beat and the WAY in which he beat these guys. I doubt any other welterweight would beat down and stop Brook and Lamont Peterson the way Errol Spence did. They aren't on Spence's level.

Errol wins all of these fights convincingly and picks up stoppages along the way.
                      It’s not quite as simple as that. Name oponents on the decline. Back to back loses for Algieri, Brook right out of the surgical table and weight drained, long faded Peterson. It’s great match-making for sure. I’m with the people that think Spence hasn’t really proven he’s the best. Sure, he has a lot of power but he landed it easily on faded opponents.
                      Last edited by JonDP; 03-12-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X