Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy ( XXXTENTACION) the tupac of this generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy ( XXXTENTACION) the tupac of this generation?

Thoughts? I feel like not just his murder but his mindstate and ways of captivating fans were similar

I don't know enough of him to answer properly, but I only heard about him once he passed away.

Comment

I've only heard a couple of his songs, but I wasn't feeling him like I felt Tupac. Can't say I've even found one song of his I've dug or "spoke to me". That Sad song seems EXTREMELY overrated to me.

Been listening to more music lately & maybe a cat like 21 Savage would be more like the Tupac of this generation. Lil Pump might be the Biggie.

Although I'm waaaaaay noob-ish on these new cats around so I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaaay f#cking off with the above remarks. I've not really been f#cking with a lot of music for damn near a decade outside of random songs that caught my attention here & there & mfers I already dug.

Comment

No. X lacked the lyrical content, charisma, classic albums, or the star quality that 2Pac had. Not even in the same league my guy.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFDDmL43Ngw

Good song relating to this. I think any of us from the 2pac generation just can't answer this. He does seem to give them something similar but don't think he had enough time creating to be able to cement a legacy for a generation like pac did though.

Comment

Sheit, he ain't no closer to Pac than lil peep...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Lil Pump might be the Biggie.

Although I'm waaaaaay noob-ish on these new cats around so I'm probably waaaaaaaaaaaay f#cking off with the above remarks.

LMAO yeah I think you should lay off the glue.

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
                LMAO yeah I think you should lay off the glue.
                Who's the new biggie & 2pac then?

I already said I was probably way off base cuz I just started to listen to these largely mumble rap dudes thats running things now.

Comment

I still am baffled people are actually comparing the two.

2Pac - Changed the face of rap with the west/east coast rivalry. By most accounts a top 10 mc of all-time.

X - Not even in the Top 10 rappers of the decade. His lyrics were basic and repetitious and on the mic he was very week. Could you imagine a diss track from this guy? Pac would have ended his career. Hell, a 2002 Ja Rule would have smoked him.
                  Last edited by LaughingSnowman; 04-29-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Who's the new biggie & 2pac then?

I already said I was probably way off base cuz I just started to listen to these largely mumble rap dudes thats running things now.
                    J Cole & Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                    X