Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Danny Showed This Fire He Displayed ........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Danny Showed This Fire He Displayed ........

HERE

He would have won?

DISCUSS

It looked like he was trying to be angry on purpose. I'm not saying he wasn't serious about defending his belt, but I think Danny is a nice guy.
    Last edited by Pechorin; 03-08-2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Its very possible, two judges had it 7-5 ; one in favore of Garcia the other for Thurman : John McKaie had it ( 112-116, 8/4). Therefore if 'Swift' wins two more from Joseph Pasquale ( 115-113 ) he gets the split decision moreover if Danny won two more from judge McKaie we would of had a draw.

Comment

I don't think there is any way he can beat Thurman. Thurman just a little faster, smarter, hits harder and is an all around better fighter. His isn't that much better than Danny, but enough better to win every time. The judge who scored it 115 to 113 for Danny was way off. I scored it 116 to 112 for Thurman. Thurman hurt him in the first round and took some of the fire out of him.

Comment

There's a common maxim bestowed upon by coaches to their struggling fighters: "Boxing is 90% mental and 10% physical", that saying rings true in this scenario. A staredown is far more than an archaic ceremony, it's a measure of confidence. And when you have two undefeated champions facing off, the amount of confidence divided between them is unfathomable.

As an armchair psychologist with years of forum experience, I was able to read a lot more into the staredown than those who are uninitiated. This "fire" that Danny displayed didn't spark from a burning desire to defeat his foe, but rather a desperate final attempt to strike fear into the mind of his opponent.

Sadly, all his endeavors proved unsuccessful. Keith's gaze remained steady, as if he was staring a thousand yards into Danny's soul. At this point, there was nothing else Danny could do but gnash his teeth together, like a cornered fox forced to make its final stand.

In short, Danny lost that staredown. He entered the ring with a lack of confidence and it showed during the fight. #onetimealltetime #kayos4life #bengetty
          Last edited by IR0NFIST; 03-09-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
            There's a common maxim bestowed upon by coaches to their struggling fighters: "Boxing is 90% mental and 10% physical", that saying rings true in this scenario. A staredown is far more than an archaic ceremony, it's a measure of confidence. And when you have two undefeated champions facing off, the amount of confidence divided between them is unfathomable.

As an armchair psychologist with years of forum experience, I was able to read a lot more into the staredown than those who are uninitiated. This "fire" that Danny displayed didn't spark from a burning desire to destroy his foe, but rather a desperate final attempt to plant fear into the mind of his opponent.

Sadly, all his endeavors proved unsuccessful. Keith's gaze remained steady, as if he was staring a thousand yards into Danny's soul. At this point, there was nothing else Danny could do but gnash his teeth together, like a cornered fox ready to make its final stand.

In short, Danny lost that staredown. He entered the ring with a lack of confidence and it showed during the fight. #onetimealltetime #kayos4life #bengetty
            good breakdown imo, once he flinched and thurman aint even blink made danny look weak and stupid. (I have personally expereince with dorks trying to spook me with flinches in safe zone area where they know I cant do anything but they be running for their lives when we in a envoirment where its go time!)

IMO danny just needed to go through fire and put it on thurman, he had the power to make something happen but he isnt built like that, he not ready to "sale out" (in the sense of F everything you know/skills/etc and just go into auto kill mode and take all teh licks you need to to get your licsk off MEXICAN STYLE if you will) so instead he didnt get brave till thurman was running and giving him the opportunity to look good but when thurman stopped and planted his feet to land his garcia went back into that shook mode.

Comment

Working...
            X