No announcement yet.

Andre Ward explains gg 50/50 "fair" offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    Who said that? The situation dictates. I know you guys hate ggg fans and all, but it's pretty obvious what happened there.
    We said this last year and it was widely reported. Alvarez was also negged with the All-Star lawsuit. Who knows how much Alvarez lost from that alone, but how much PPV #s, forget net, has Alvarez done under his marquee name?

If boxing industry says it's the biggest fight in boxing, how in the hell is Alvarez going to agree on a 55%-45% WBC purse bid mandate!!!? He can still fight Golovkin any time and make more! Until Golovkin fights a top level guy, which is why K2 and Abel are optimistic for the Jacobs bout, then at least they can go from there.

Alvarez has already justified himself, and without a doubt Bhop and Oscar coach him out on what to say, but Alvarez is no dummy. Alvarez SACRIFICED his own 0 at a 152 against the greatest fighter in the world yet Gennady declined 168 for Ward.

cmon yall how are people still blind about this? Why is that every pro boxer talking about it, those who've made money, always state money conflicts?

Comment

"Boxing's not that hard"....unless you're trying to get Ward to fight a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        We said this last year and it was widely reported. Alvarez was also negged with the All-Star lawsuit. Who knows how much Alvarez lost from that alone, but how much PPV #s, forget net, has Alvarez done under his marquee name?

If boxing industry says it's the biggest fight in boxing, how in the hell is Alvarez going to agree on a 55%-45% WBC purse bid mandate!!!? He can still fight Golovkin any time and make more! Until Golovkin fights a top level guy, which is why K2 and Abel are optimistic for the Jacobs bout, then at least they can go from there.

Alvarez has already justified himself, and without a doubt Bhop and Oscar coach him out on what to say, but Alvarez is no dummy. Alvarez SACRIFICED his own 0 at a 152 against the greatest fighter in the world yet Gennady declined 168 for Ward.

cmon yall how are people still blind about this? Why is that every pro boxer talking about it, those who've made money, always state money conflicts?
        Wgaf about any of that...gbp didn't want to put canelo in with ggg plain and simple. It might get done this year tho. In the meantime, jacobs vs ggg is the best fight the mw division has to offer. I used to follow the sport much closer than i do now...i used to care about all the behind the scenes politics too, but now i can't be bothered. It's always simply risk vs reward...everything else is a bunch of bs talk and excuses. Instead of fans acknowledging we're getting ****ed around, we argue back and forth about it like we have some type of stake in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
          Big GGG fan ,but this makes me laugh almost spilled my coffee !!!
          Its hard not to be a GGG fan, he comes forward n hurts you with boxing skills, dudes a beast

I know im making fun of his accent also but the point is all of it is true

Why would u show interest to face Ward n ask for 164lb catchweight lol wtf lol then show interest to face Chavez n Froch at around 170lbs lol stupid, Mayweather at 154 but not Nelo wtf lol

What if Ward intially called out KOvalev at a 170lb catchweight lol " I wana fight you but can we make it at 171lbs instead of 175" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Does anyone care about this still? Ward just needs to fight Kovalev, Stevenson or retire instead of talking about GGG at this point.
            no... he need only think for big money fights rightnow. he had nothing more to prove. if Lil g's fight can bring the kind of money he never seen before the let's get it on

Comment

ward is not only a smart fighter but also a very principled one too.

he knows how to maximize his drawing power (the floyd route) but he feels it's wrong

gotta admire that.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

1. The purse split for a WBC title fight is 70/30. The rule giving the interim champion 45% was removed in 2013. The interim champ can ask for 45%, but it's not an entitlement. Canelo was a clear A side back then. The Mexican run WBC would not have given GGG 45% on a purse bid.

2. Canelo could have easily avoided a purse bid by making GGG a good offer, eg, $15million and no catchweight.

3. Why didn't Canelo offer GGG $15million back then, instead of vacating without any offers at all.

4. Niki Minaj is a dog. I would need paying to go anywhere near her. If she offered me £15million and a Cadburys Cream Egg, I would consider it doe.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                  He doesn't want to fight you. Kovalev does however and its unfinished business IMO.
                  This.

GGG obviously don't want it, fight Kovalev and Beterbiev afterwards if he gets past Barrera, then the BIG one Adonis 'Pimpin POS Child Sex Offender' Stevenson and deliver gods judgement on that scum bag. Immortality awaits you, their is no credit for beating a Korean midget.

Comment

Working...
                  X