Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BWAA announces Fighter of the Year nominees (Andre Ward snubbed)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pick frampton and fight of the year salido vargas

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      Until he grows a sack and fights Rigo, Frampton will get very little love from me. Guy is a good fighter, but the way him and the rest of the *****es did Rigo is pathetic. And the fact that so many fans seem to think its ok is even worse imo.
      how the hell do you get fighter of the year the same year you clearly avoided fighting the best at 122? then win his belt without fighing him for it. guess the wba thought it was better to give the title to quigg even though he didnt earn it

Comment

Originally posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
        Yes a bit like 2015, Ward had his pick everyone wanted to fight him but instead he "blackballed" them and decided to fight Paul Smith and tried to line up some Australian kid who has never fought anyone good.
        Bit like how Ward blackballed GGG by moving up to 175lbs whilst maintaining false statements of I wanted to fight Golovkin, nothing but lies and more lies, Frampton is a liar for not fighting Rigondeaux I agree but you hold a pathetic terrible double standard you're too much of a hypocrite to realize it.
        you gif is cute....GGG wont move up to 168 let alone fight ward...lol...its not happening and it makes no sense for ward to move down when his last fights were at 170+

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Nominees are Frampton, Lomachenko, Crawford, Pacquiao, Gonzalez, and Smith Jr.

Fight of the Year nominees are Frampton-Santa Cruz, Gonzalez-Cuadras, Soto Karass-Kamegai I, Thurman-Porter, Vargas-Salido, and Whyte-Chisora.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-awards-ballot
          those 4 choices make sense, For the 5th you could have ward or Manny and if you take Manny I understand.

For me , its either Frampton or Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            those 4 choices make sense, For the 5th you could have ward or Manny and if you take Manny I understand.

For me , its either Frampton or Smith Jr.
            SMITH should get breakthorough fighter of the year but beating a lower top ten contender and a 51 year old legend doesnt warrant FOTY HONORS

Frampton beat Quigg(didnt beat rigo for the belt it was handed to him) and Santa Cruz( thinnest resume of any 3 division titlist)....when put in its proper perspective, he had a good year....just not a fighter of the year type

imo Loma, Ward, Crawford, Chocolatito would be my 4 finalist

Comment

why is pacquiao on there lol

Comment

Im a P*ctard but Pacquiao?

My guess is, one of the 'bigger' names will get the award over Frampton. He should be the winner though. Would be a shame if he didnt actually.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  Frampton - Fighter OTY

Whyte-Chisora - Fight OTY
                  Great year for British boxing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
                    Great year for British boxing!!
                    Indeed.. Brits had a good year but we also got khan & brook this year getting smashed to pieces in mismatches...

Comment

Working...
                    X