Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power mechanics in the olden days were superior to their modern day counterparts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power mechanics in the olden days were superior to their modern day counterparts?

Agree or disagree and why?

Im not trolling I want to know the answer genuinely.

The way I see it Jack Dempsey has better power mechanics than mike tyson george foreman or lennox lewis, he may not hit as hard but his technique for generating power is superior and more advanced.

I suspect dempsey was the exception and that for the most part olden day boxers had inferior mechanics but I dont know for sure.

Do you?

i cant believe they banned you alex, good to see you back kid.

Comment

Lol

Still waiting on that vid of your sonic jab. As you said, SPEAKS VOLUMES. Seriously, have you dedicated your life to this power punch of yours? Did you hit a kid with your hardest punch once, and they laughed at you? Just stop with these power punch threads jesus Christ. Dempsey was able to swing like that because in those days It was more of a brawling style and you could get away with loading up, doesn't mean he could get away with it today. I like how you tell everyone that us not posting a video speaks volumes, when you havnt posted one yourself lol. POST IT I wanna see this flying noodle jab

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
        Still waiting on that vid of your sonic jab. As you said, SPEAKS VOLUMES. Seriously, have you dedicated your life to this power punch of yours? Did you hit a kid with your hardest punch once, and they laughed at you? Just stop with these power punch threads jesus Christ. Dempsey was able to swing like that because in those days It was more of a brawling style and you could get away with loading up, doesn't mean he could get away with it today. I like how you tell everyone that us not posting a video speaks volumes, when you havnt posted one yourself lol. POST IT I wanna see this flying noodle jab

He threw that jab at me once. As he was doing so, my trainer called out: "Look out! He's throwing a jab! Here it comes! It's halfway to the target! Oh no, it's almost here! Slip it, now!"

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          i cant believe they banned you alex, good to see you back kid.
          awesome cheers bro good to see you too, keep up with the pull ups, if you can do more than 60 in under a min you can set a world record!

Comment

Dempsey was advanced for his time and understood leverage

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              awesome cheers bro good to see you too, keep up with the pull ups, if you can do more than 60 in under a min you can set a world record!
              I'm working on it.

Comment

What is meant by 'power mechanic'? Electrician? Swift automechanic?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  Dempsey was advanced for his time and understood leverage
                  Do you understand leverage?

What is leverage to you?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    Do you understand leverage?

What is leverage to you?
                    legs are important here alexkid

Comment

Working...