Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond reputeSERVILEV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,908,688.15
Total Points: 20,112,973,172.21
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

o brother not again! we all know the answer, no need to ask again!!
SERVILEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6688 Post(s)
therealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond reputetherealpugilist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,001,868,446.81
wut up, idiot?   :D - Kuyukut I know you love this gift!    :D - Kuyukut as you wish, idiot!   :rofl: - Kuyukut :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut 
here's a different one   :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut and more  :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut and more  :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut there's a lot more... :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut and more  :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut 
and more  :rofl:   :rofl:    :rofl: - Kuyukut I know you love this gift!    :D - Kuyukut No Message - El-blanco Stop crying about Garcia Phaggot - El-blanco No Message - El-blanco 
No Message - El-blanco No Message - Slick..Slayer racist scumbag - King Krusher Good luck! - anthonydavid11 I will drink for your gym - Canelo and GGG 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
Yeah but I think it will come down to the mental game.

Would Roy get frustrated by the way Dirrell won't stand in front of him and box him? Making Roy chase him around the ring.

While Ward. How would Roy react when he is being jab-clinched? Probably taking a headbutt or two in the process.

That's why I think they would beat him. He has the athleticism but the mental game. To accept not getting what you want, when you want it. I don't think Roy would be pleased with fighting them.
One thing Jones had on his side in his prime was a mental edge....you could see the confidence oozing out of him. Dude looked so relaxed in the ring....When fighters tried rough tactics and other things he'd do them back and resume popping them in the face

Roy Jones even in his last great effort and past prime against Tarver showed he had guts to dig deep when what he was trying wasnt working

He showed win in with a counterpuncher, he could take the lead and still land....against Tarver, Hopkins, Toney and Hill
therealpugilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 PM #23
32 Time World Champion

Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,476,928,913,913,622,528.00
Total Points: 27,476,938,144,914,509,824.00
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office Thanks for the bet! - jlf85 
Bo Jackson tecmo bowl lol - El-blanco I went to see a moving picture the other day. - Vegemil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by check hook View Post
I seriously can't believe what i read on these forums at times.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Seriously cuz. But this isn't Ward vs Toney.

This is Roy vs. Ward.

I keep reading about what Roy "hasn't seen". What about what Andre Ward hasn't seen?

He has not faced a boxer with the athleticism, handspeed and power that Roy Jones possesses. He hasn't seen a guy that will circle the ring, throw double and triple left hooks, constantly moving away from him. Andre Ward's resume consists of:

Edison Miranda
Mikell Kessler
Allan Green
Sakio Bika
Arthur Abraham
Carl Froch

All those fighters stand in front of him and allow him to beat them up on the inside, clinch and frustrate them. Why would Roy Jones even TRY to make this fight on the inside in the first place? Toney and Hopkins tried to do just that. Jones circled the ring, gave them constant head movement, kept the fight on the outside and doubled and tripled his jabs and hooks, countered beautifly and basically coasted through both fights.

You can't assume Ward can automatically adjust to Jones style, but not the other way around. Jones has seen more fighters in the Ward mold than the other way around.
-PBP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:03 PM #24
Gay Pride

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
check hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 176,628,160,580.36
Total Points: 276,634,540,197.28
putting pactards down - I'm so sorry WAR Floyd!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Why would Toney be an absolute favorite to beat Ward????

Better chin, better power, better inside fighter, better outside fighter. Why wouldn't he be. Ward couldn't even try to spoil Toney inside.
check hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:03 PM #25
Quintessence

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Heru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond reputeHeru has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,443,828,130,698,650.00
Total Points: 7,443,928,131,004,278.00
Keep up your posting - J. HITTER bottoms up - gancho_al_igado Badass poster - Stone Roses! For supporting Palestine - Stone Roses! Have another Champ - Stone Roses! 
a bribe to get you in the thunderdome and post homie, lol, nyahahahahahaha c u soon homie, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest give it to guzman's fat ass - Dick Buffman Give some of this to Guzman - Dick Buffman for Guzman's beer gut - INSECT merry xmas - Subtraction 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Mangler Jewnior World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dick Buffman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
Ward and Dirrell beat him.

Ward is smarter.

Dirrell doesn't fight directly, he sticks and moves. It would frustrate the hell out of Roy and he'd likely end up over reaching for shots, leaving himself vulnerable.
We've never seen Roy have to be the bull... would've been interesting. It would not have been his strong suit against a fighter as talented as Dirrell (who's speed is as close to Roy as it gets at 168), who'd have the height and reach advantage also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
How would Andre Ward vs RJJ be any different than the Hopkins and Toney fights?
Perhaps because Ward is an inside fighter (unlike B-Hop), has the mentality to make it an inside fight (unlike Toney, who's arrogance doesn't allow him to realize when he's outgunned and needs to do something different), and has the tools to accomplish these tasks.

Their ability to switch stances is another factor that'd make it interesting.
Heru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:03 PM #26
this is boxing

Quoted: 5699 Post(s)
-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 93,737,249,880.82
Total Points: 94,010,325,457.21
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier 
Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily Lol @ image. - FeFist 
Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- &lt;3 u bro - sugarsmosley we be cool - jazluvr 
Happy holidays -Kev- - TBear For a bright future ahead! - Mighty_Windir for destroying that butthurt UT Silvermiles - Omowale Tribe Good Luck! - JimRaynor Right back at ya! - JimRaynor 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian 

I can't see any one of the Super 6 fighters, who were better than the Hopkins and Toney that Jones fought. Current Ward is not better than 1993 Bernard Hopkins.

Mike McCallum that Jones fought, would have come down in weight, and possibly been a semi-finalists in the Super 6.
-Kev- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:04 PM #27
Gunslinger

Quoted: 558 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,772,176,285,961,232.00
Total Points: 25,772,176,286,177,652.00
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpugilist View Post
One thing Jones had on his side in his prime was a mental edge....you could see the confidence oozing out of him. Dude looked so relaxed in the ring....When fighters tried rough tactics and other things he'd do them back and resume popping them in the face

Roy Jones even in his last great effort and past prime against Tarver showed he had guts to dig deep when what he was trying wasnt working

He showed win in with a counterpuncher, he could take the lead and still land....against Tarver, Hopkins, Toney and Hill

That's the intangibles about Dirrell and Ward though. They make even the most composed of boxers, get frustrated.

Abraham isn't Roy but he is one of the most composed people in and out of the ring. Yet, Dirrell got to him to the point where he threw punches after he fell.

I see it like this. If Roy won, it'd have to be a ridiculous punch. Something that just makes people's jaws drop.

If Ward won, people would say he fought dirty and boring. While Dirrell, it would be him running away all fight.
F l i c k e r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:04 PM #28
Nothing But Sunshine

Quoted: 638 Post(s)
4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,200,106,324,341.00
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Seriously cuz. But this isn't Ward vs Toney.

This is Roy vs. Ward.

I keep reading about what Roy "hasn't seen". What about what Andre Ward hasn't seen?

He has not faced a boxer with the athleticism, handspeed and power that Roy Jones possesses. He hasn't seen a guy that will circle the ring, throw double and triple left hooks, constantly moving away from him. Andre Ward's resume consists of:

Edison Miranda
Mikell Kessler
Allan Green
Sakio Bika
Arthur Abraham
Carl Froch

All those fighters stand in front of him and allow him to beat them up on the inside, clinch and frustrate them. Why would Roy Jones even TRY to make this fight on the inside in the first place? Toney and Hopkins tried to do just that. Jones circled the ring, gave them constant head movement, kept the fight on the outside and doubled and tripled his jabs and hooks, countered beautifly and basically coasted through both fights.

You can't assume Ward can automatically adjust to Jones style, but not the other way around. Jones has seen more fighters in the Ward mold than the other way around.
I didn't say Ward would beat Roy prime for prime, I don't think he would. But I think he would be the only one to seriously compete.

I said I think Ward would be able to beat Toney at 168. I liked Toney the most at 160.
4Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:04 PM #29
Contender

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts2Shotz is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 29,672.25

There is no way in hell ANY of these guys from today's era, including Calslappy, Ward, Dirrel, etc would have a prayer against a prime RJJ. Ward would get outworked through superior timing, speed, counter punching and controlled aggression. It would frustrate Ward so much that his grabbing, head butting, inside garbage would be a non factor that I am sure we'd see a systematic beat down and perhaps late round stoppage. Direll's supposedly slick style (I'm not drinking the cool aid on this guy at all) would be a cakewalk for Jones, who feasted on boxer/counterpuncher types.

I know that once Jone's fell off early this decade, he fell off. But there is no disputing that in his prime, he was a bit of an untouchable. Truly a remarkable fighter. His performance against Montell Griffith in the rematch still gives me shivers and that Jones on that night, steam rolls any of these guys today.
2Shotz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 PM #30
Gay Pride

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
check hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 176,628,160,580.36
Total Points: 276,634,540,197.28
putting pactards down - I'm so sorry WAR Floyd!! - LoadedWraps 

I will lay it out for everyone plain and simple, the current guys at 68 have no hope of beating RJJ at that weighclass. PLEASE STOP! You are all embarrassing yourselves. The same applies for James Toney.
check hook is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
era's, jones, middleweights, performed?, super

User Tag List