No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkisn notable wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    I agree, but what else are you going to put? Joppy or Allen? I guess Echols would be a good choice but I still have trouble putting it.
    I would rank Echols higher than his win over Wright.

Wright evidently has no place above 160.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      no he doesnt it was a draw
      But it takes mere eyesight to see Whitaker clearly won.

Does that not mean anything to you?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I would rank Echols higher than his win over Wright.

Wright evidently has no place above 160.
        fair enough, although I dont really think that much of Echols either. but I wouldnt argue with the choice.

Comment

pavlik
          trinadad
          delahoya
          wright
          tarver
          holmes

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            1. Felix Trinidad - There is no question this is his top win. Trinidad was 40-0, a huge favorite, and had just destroyed William Joppy, a real full fledged middleweight titlist. Hopkins skillfully controlled this fight all the way through and knocked him out. Far and away his top win.
            2. Antonio Tarver - Moving up two divisions in weight to dominate the guy who twice beat Roy Jones Jr. and beat Glen Johnson in the rematch (arguably in both fights) is pretty impressive, especially coming off two losses which made many people think that he was totally done as an elite fighter.
            3. Winky Wright - Although Winky was not a 170 pounder, he looked pretty okay in the fight. Hopkins was able to get around Wright's defense better than anyone previously; this was when Wright was P4P #3.
            4. Kelly Pavlik - Like Winky, Pavlik was enjoying a lot of success at middleweight when he moved up to fight Bernard Hopkins. Unlike Winky, he seemed dead at the weight. Even so, you have to take your hat off to the game plan of Bernard Hopkins to totally shut down a young kid, who throws a million punches with power. Pavlik was 34-0-0 at the time, and held two wins over Jermain Taylor, who held two wins over Hopkins to start his middleweight reign.
            5. Glen Johnson - Undefeated prospect, who was likely a bit green at the time, but became a special fighter in later years. Hopkins totally shut down a man that is impossible to shut down. Very overlooked, underrated win for The Executioner.
            6. Keith Holmes - Middleweight titlist who was a solid champion for a while. Not a win you want to hang your career on, but a good win that set Hopkins up for his fight against Felix Trinidad.
            I'll also give some honorable mention to John David Jackson, Syd Vanderpool and William Joppy. Not bad fighters. Very slick and Hopkins was able to take them out of their comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
            X