No announcement yet.

2009 Wimbledon Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    Roger got broken once more, lost 3 more games, yet still won the match 16-14 in the 5th.

Roddick's very, very best wasn't enough to beat a mediocre Federer.
    Feder had his best serving performance to date with over 40 aces. A mediocre Feder? That is the greatest comment I have heard all day.

Comment

• Borg, Laver and Sampras should all feel honoured to share the same picture with the Great One

Wouldn't be surprised if Nadal ends up as the 2nd greatest once his career ends

Comment

• over 100 winners & career high 40+ aces. i really wanted roddick to win but roger reeeallly deserved it. i think that was his greatest performance to date.

i thought prime sampras is still better than prime roger but not anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
          I generally dont watch tennis but after hearing your description.... :wank:
          Now that's what I'm talking about!

:wank:

Comment

• That was nowhere near Federer's best he didn't even get out of second gear. You're going to score loads of aces when a match goes on that long + Roddick is not exactly known as the best returner in the game.

Comment

• Really gutsy performance by Roddick.I felt for him at the end. Fair play to federer though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
                That was nowhere near Federer's best he didn't even get out of second gear. You're going to score loads of aces when a match goes on that long + Roddick is not exactly known as the best returner in the game.
                Are you going to completely dismiss Roddicks own improvements and all around court play? Andy broke Roger twice while only being broken once for the match deep in the fifth set. Do you think it is easy to score over 40 aces even on a bad returner? That was one of Federer's best performances, to deny that would be foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubious-Dutch View Post
                  Are you going to completely dismiss Roddicks own improvements and all around court play? Andy broke Roger twice while only being broke once for the match deep in the fifth set. Do you think it is easy to score over 40 aces even on a bad returner? That was one of Federer's best performances, to deny that would be foolish.
                  I'm not dismissing Roddicks improvements, but Federer wasn't on form today thats why Roddick took him to the wire. Federer did well serving but he made unforced errors that you would never see Federer on form miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
                    I'm not dismissing Roddicks improvements, but Federer wasn't on form today thats why Roddick took him to the wire. Federer did well serving but he made unforced errors that you would never see Federer on form miss.
                    Even great players have unforced errors, and when they are under pressure it happens more frequently.

Comment

• The lunacy of this forum is never better summed up than when,within minutes of winning his fifteenth and world breaking grand slam,morons jump in a thread actually criticizing and poo pooing federer's victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X