Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got a problem.. Serious answers and thoughts please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Hard question. 7lbs could be hard, for such a short period of time. 172 is too little to fight at 178 though. My gut would say go for 165 this time. If it's too hard, don't take the fight, and spend a little time putting on more weight (you should be walking around at 185, if you're gonna fight 178 anyway..) for next time.

I once tried to make 141 for a tournament. Made 142, and fought at 152, totally drained and giving away 10lbs...
    So you think fighting at 10pds. catch weight will be bad for me? even if I make 170?

Comment

I guess me and Speedkillz post doesnt get recognition,how ruuuude!! Just ****in with ya.haha

Comment

Well, catch weight would be an agreement where you both weigh something less than 178 or more than 165, like say, 170. In that case you wouldn't be giving much up, and that would probably be the best thing that could happen. I doubt they'll let you, if it's for some sort of title though....

And yes, trying to make 165, ending up at a drained 168-170, and fighting 178 is certainly not the best idea I ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
          I guess me and Speedkillz post doesnt get recognition,how ruuuude!! Just ****in with ya.haha
          I read both of yours... they both make me question myself which don't normally do... so I really don't have a response.... they both just made me think.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
            Well, catch weight would be an agreement where you both weigh something less than 178 or more than 165, like say, 170. In that case you wouldn't be giving much up, and that would probably be the best thing that could happen. I doubt they'll let you, if it's for some sort of title though....

And yes, trying to make 165, ending up at a drained 168-170, and fighting 178 is certainly not the best idea I ever heard.
            Well I'm ashamed of my self for even bringing this point up.. But there is a chance I could fight someone 10 pounds below me...

Comment

I was joking with ya,hence the white typing.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                haha lol that cracked me up vers LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
                  Well I'm ashamed of my self for even bringing this point up.. But there is a chance I could fight someone 10 pounds below me...
                  I doubt it very much. Don't know how much they'd bend the rules over there, though.

Comment

Think about it like this. 13 more pounds. 10 of which would be muscle, or so anyways. That's asking someone who is already fit to add another 10 pounds of muscle. that's hard.

Comment

How tall are you? There are pro's and con's whatever weight you decide to fight at.
                      Figure out your strengths, and base your decision on that. If you're a banger who only focus on overpowering your opponents, you'll be better off staying at '65.
                      But if you're somewhat quick and skillfull, have a go at the heavier guys; they'll be slower and easier to outbox, if you're not a midget that is...

Comment

Working...
                      X