Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more likely to be remembered 20 years from now? A guy who retired undefeted mu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Sure you don't.

You are making my point for me. Had you approached the pre fight analysis as a rational adult then there would be no need for any of this. Instead, you and others went with the usual anti Floyd stuff and pinned youraelf in a corner then had to flip flop because Floyd won.

If you think he is, that fine. He always is and always will be ranked ahead of Manny and everyone else in his generation whenever media/historians/journalists rank fighters.

That is good enough for me. I suspect this bothers you a lot. It shouldn't. Manny made it very far considering where he started.
    So what exactly did I say about Mosley vs Mayweather? Was I picking Mosley? Since you remember this better than me. Lets also not forget that Mosley-Mayweather didn't happen for whatever reason and Mosley was due to fight Berto. But I'll wait.

And none of this bothers me. I'm not the one that comes out of hiding only to talk about Mayweather. You are, it bothers you that not everyone see's Floyd as good as you think he is.
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-18-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Your argument is getting weaker and weaker with each response.

Mosley did not duck Floyd over a toothache. He asked for a one month extension to recover from a head butt he received to the mouth in his previous fight. You can read the details of that here, Floyd had also turned down Mosley in 1999 when he refused to move up to 135 to fight him.

http://fighthype.com/fanzone/index.p...ducking-floyd/

If you avoid a fighter that is called ducking, if you say they avoided him then you are saying they ducked him, you can't have it both ways.

I haven't left out anything. I have given you a very thorough synapsis of how things played out. I can list at least ten of Floyd's excuses used over the years to avoid Manny in his prime. It all started with his false PED accusations levied towards Pac. If you think that Floyd's use of the IV wasn't illegal, then you are clearly unreachable. I haven't even mentioned Floyd's questionable testosterone levels that have never been explained and serve as a huge red flag for PED use.
      Wow, ok. You have seriously distorted the facts.

http://www.******.com/121119-dougies...ather-mailbag/

I didn’t breeze by anything. That claim that Mosley ducked Mayweather when they were lightweights is bogus. I covered both guys when they won their world titles — and back then (in 1998 and 1999) I was close to BOTH camps — and I can tell you that a fight between the two was NEVER seriously discussed or negotiated between Mayweather’s promoter Bob Arum and Mosley’s promoter Cedric Kushner.

When Mayweather won his 130-pound title in ’98, hardcore fans began talking about the prospect of Mayweather and Mosley fighting at 135 pounds. What really sparked the discussion was a split among the boxing press as to who deserved to be the Fighter of the Year for 1998. THE RING went with Mayweather, who beat Hernandez for the title and defended it against Angel Manfred (TKO 2). The Boxing Writers Association of America went with Mosley, who defended his lightweight title five times, all by stoppage (including the likes of John-John Molina and James Leija). So from that point (in early ’99) it was natural for the boxing media and the fans to debate who would win if they fought (and for the record, I was leaning towards Mayweather), however, there were NO serious discussions about this fight.
      the Shane/merchant interview below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztyz6hmOrak

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        So what exactly did I say about Mosley vs Mayweather? Was I picking Mosley? Since you remember this better than me. Lets also not forget that Mosley-Mayweather didn't happen for whatever reason and Mosley was due to fight Berto. But I'll wait.

And none of this bothers me. I'm not the one that comes out of hiding only to talk about Mayweather. You are, it bothers you that not everyone see's Floyd as good as you think he is.
        We know why it didn't happen. We know why the berto/Mosley fight got delayed. If you forget, then you forget.

I am an adult. I understand not everyone likes Floyd. My only problem is the constant backtracking aand revisionist history when Floyd wins a fight posters said he wouldn't.

Comment

• GhostofDempsey and SplitSecond got REKT

Comment

• Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
            Multiple weight divisions? Pac holds the record for titles won in the most weight divisions (8.)

Floyd will always largely be known for ducking Pac until Pac grew old and diminished.
            150 cw is a division?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tribe View Post
              ltiple weight divisions conquerd unviersally regarded as the number 1 pound for pound in the sport. Critically acclamed by all relevent boxing journalists and sports writers...

Or a guy who is best known for planking half way through the fight? Because I still see some guys trying to say he has a better legacy than TBE.

I lol'd @ this, seriously

Comment

• history would not be kind to fraud jr. his health comes first coupled with his fucking boring style sealed his faith as one of the most forgettable athlete of all time. yes, he is undefeated but the way he accomplished it created more negativity that will result to his eminent trashing in the very near future by real boxing fans (like me).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Wow, ok. You have seriously distorted the facts.

http://www.******.com/121119-dougies...ather-mailbag/

the Shane/merchant interview below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztyz6hmOrak
                  Again, cherry-picking stories and dismissing facts that I've provided. I watched the actual interview on television (I think it was ESPN) where Mayweather dismissed Mosley as an opponent because of his four or five losses. Yet no problem fighting other lesser opponents with more losses.

No distortion of facts on my part, it's all out there for you to find if you look for it, but you would rather find stories meet your agenda. Don't hide your bias, come on out with it and own it.

Comment

• When you nit pick floyds and pacs resume. Pac is top 10 tag. Floyd is top 20.

Once you say floyd cherry picked and tried to get everything in his favour, beat past prime fighters, bloated and cw opponents and arguably lost to pac,Castillo and maidana top 20 isn't bad and didn't fight ggg when he said he could beat him.

Once you made jokes about Jmm flattening pac after arguably beating him twice (although Jmm still thinks pac is best of this era) and how dlh was dead man walking, and Barrera was shop worn etc etc. Pac is top 10 which isn't too bad as well all things considering.

Moral of the story is once you've finished nit picking each careers pac will be remembered. Floyd will be remembered for unbeaten record. That's what floyd wanted. So Everyone's a winner
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 04-18-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Again, cherry-picking stories and dismissing facts that I've provided. I watched the actual interview on television (I think it was ESPN) where Mayweather dismissed Mosley as an opponent because of his four or five losses. Yet no problem fighting other lesser opponents with more losses.

No distortion of facts on my part, it's all out there for you to find if you look for it, but you would rather find stories meet your agenda. Don't hide your bias, come on out with it and own it.
                      Can you post that video.

huh? you provided an interview from Shane. I provided a report from a writer that hates Floyd as much as you do but he was just honest about the whole situation. then I posted the Merchant video,

It's ok dude, you can pretend all you wish. If that makes you feel better so be it.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-18-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X