Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 year old girl falls off 3rd floor AC!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if any of you are real ballers you'll tell us how much force a 50 lb 7 year old generates by the time she's accelerated for three stories of freefall (to make your calculations easier you can forgo the effect of wind resistance.)

and then you'll give us some comparable collisions. i'm not sure if we have any real ballers here, though. have we any real men of science?

i'm guessing it would be a hard catch, but not some insurmountable feat or one in a million bit of good luck.

still, kudos. that man almost certainly saved that girl's life.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      if any of you are real ballers you'll tell us how much force a 50 lb 7 year old generates by the time she's accelerated for three stories of freefall (to make your calculations easier you can forgo the effect of wind resistance.)

and then you'll give us some comparable collisions. i'm not sure if we have any real ballers here, though. have we any real men of science?

i'm guessing it would be a hard catch, but not some insurmountable feat or one in a million bit of good luck.

still, kudos. that man almost certainly saved that girl's life.
      F=mg

F=50 lb * 32.2 ft/s/s

Weird using US units but the total force would be 1,610 lb

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        F=mg

F=50 lb * 32.2 ft/s/s

Baller

Comment

F=mg

F=50 lb * 32.2 ft/s/s

couldnt give any more rep to you russian crushin, but that is tremendous.

is that something you're learning in college?

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
          Baller
          tre baller

you know who else is a baller?
          the dude that caught her. 1610 lbs of force would have either broken her legs or killed her. especially on concrete or what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            couldnt give any more rep to you russian crushin, but that is tremendous.

is that something you're learning in college?

tre baller

you know who else is a baller?
            the dude that caught her. 1610 lbs of force would have either broken her legs or killed her. especially on concrete or what have you.
            Well i am taking Physics in college but its probably the most basic physics formula.

[Force = mass * acceleration] is the formula and her mass is 50 pounds and acceleration is gravity which is 32.2 ft/s/s

And yes the guy that caught her had to use physics to soften the blow of her body hitter his arms. Its crazy when you start seeing the world in a physics standpoint

Comment

Green k and points to the catcher.

Comment

F=mg

F=50 lb * 32.2 ft/s/s

I think we learned the 'g' as 9.8 meters per second squared...

Comment

Well i am taking Physics in college but its probably the most basic physics formula.

[Force = mass * acceleration] is the formula and her mass is 50 pounds and acceleration is gravity which is 32.2 ft/s/s

And yes the guy that caught her had to use physics to soften the blow of her body hitter his arms. Its crazy when you start seeing the world in a physics standpoint
                  i never really got to that stage when i took physics in high school. principally it's very cool stuff. her 50 lbs are acted upon by gravity over the course of 30 feet and they act on the inertia of a man standing upright and knock him to the ground. you can use some standard measurements (gravity, for example,) and some math, and tell me how hard she hits him. very cool stuff. no me gusta cranking out the math, but it's very cool stuff.

It's the math i chiefly hate; the malignant thing that has plagued mankind since time began; the thing that maws and mutilates our race, not killing us outright but letting us live on, with half a heart and half a lung.

when i was in college i avoided classes like that like the plague. i'd probably still be at school

i read academic books and wrote papers at school, and my work has almost nothing to do with the two subjects in which i majored. go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Thanks is misplaced.
                    God guided him there.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      God guided him there.

some folks call it a sling blade. i call it a kaiser blade.

Comment

Working...
                      X