No announcement yet.

Prince Naseem Hamed doesnt get his just due and never will

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Naseem Hamed doesnt get his just due and never will

In my eyes of the feathweights I have seen he is definitely one of the top ten ever.....I never got to see Abe Attell, George Dixon..but from the 1930's on I have seen him all and he beats most of them...only lost once to an ATG fighter....one of the highest kayo percentage for a champ in his division or others for that matter....in just 37 fights defeated 9 former,future, or current champs of his time....definitely cleaned out his era the mid 90's til early 2000's

my List in no particular order

Greatest featherweights of all-time ive seen

Wille Pep
    Sandy Saddler
    Salvador Sanchez
    Eusebio Pedroza
    Naseem Hamed
    Vincente Saldivar
    Alexis Arguello
    Sugar Ramos
    Henry Aromstrong
    Tony Canzoneri

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    In my eyes of the feathweights I have seen he is definitely one of the top ten ever.....I never got to see Abe Attell, George Dixon..but from the 1930's on I have seen him all and he beats most of them...only lost once to an ATG fighter....one of the highest kayo percentage for a champ in his division or others for that matter....in just 37 fights defeated 9 former,future, or current champs of his time....definitely cleaned out his era the mid 90's til early 2000's

my List in no particular order

Greatest featherweights of all-time ive seen

Wille Pep
    Sandy Saddler
    Salvador Sanchez
    Eusebio Pedroza
    Naseem Hamed
    Vincente Saldivar
    Alexis Arguello
    Sugar Ramos
    Henry Aromstrong
    Tony Canzoneri
    He was good but I believe pep woulda spanked that ass and so would sandler

Comment

Easily in the top 10 best featherweights of all time, anyone with even the least bit of Boxing knowledge could tell you that. The argument is, is he top 5?

One of the best p4p punchers in the history of the Sport.

Left the Sport at a young age though and thats why he doesn't get his just due.

No shame in losing to a ATG like MAB...he just didn't make a notable comeback from that. For whatever reason...some say his heart wasn't in it...some say his hands were ****ed.

Either way, if your someone like me who would rather appreciate than hate, he was one of the most enterntaining Boxers ever, and i long for the day someone even as half as entertaining as him lights up this great sport once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        Easily in the top 10 best featherweights of all time, anyone with even the least bit of Boxing knowledge could tell you that. The argument is, is he top 5?

One of the best p4p punchers in the history of the Sport.

Left the Sport at a young age though and thats why he doesn't get his just due.

No shame in losing to a ATG like MAB...he just didn't make a notable comeback from that. For whatever reason...some say his heart wasn't in it...some say his hands were ****ed.

Either way, if your someone like me who would rather appreciate than hate, he was one of the most enterntaining Boxers ever, and i long for the day someone even as half as entertaining as him lights up this great sport once again.
        This is true

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          This is true
          agreed...good post

Comment

He will never make HOF. But then again.......if McGuigan did, what's not to stop?

Comment

This is all the Prince's fault. Barerra spanked him and his career was over. He had the potential to rank much higher on all time lists but he did nothing after Barerra embarrassed him. Had Hamed came back strong after the loss he would have a better legacy.

Comment

inb4 "he got schooled by barrera"

Comment

damn, i was too late

Comment

I think Hamed's boxing ability was pretty poor considering the level he boxed at.

Comment

Working...
                    X