Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some MMAers hate Ariel Helwani ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some MMAers hate Ariel Helwani ?

BJ Penn and Rampage have been vocal about their dislike for Helwani. I try to dig up some vids and articles that Helwani has done and the ones I've read and watched shows no proof of why some MMAers have a strong dislike for the guy.

He doesn't come off bias, or seems to have an agenda whenever he interviews. Unlike boxing's Teddy Atlas.

Do you know of any articles or vids by Helwani showing a strong bias towards a fighter ? If so, please post it. Thank you.

I love Rampage but just because he asked him about King MO thats why he hates them which is a little childish and being defensive but I think the main thing they have a problem with is him "instigating", like say you gave somebody criticism but you didn't mean it in a certain type of way and a person goes up to that guy and says "O HES TALKIN MAD *****! YOU GONNA TAKE THAT?"

Thats why Diaz had a problem with him, him and Daley had mad respect for each other, probably big fans of each other because their both exciting as **** and Ariel was trying to make it seem like they were talking ***** or something even though it's his job, I kinda understand.

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
      I love Rampage but just because he asked him about King MO thats why he hates them which is a little childish and being defensive but I think the main thing they have a problem with is him "instigating", like say you gave somebody criticism but you didn't mean it in a certain type of way and a person goes up to that guy and says "O HES TALKIN MAD *****! YOU GONNA TAKE THAT?"

Thats why Diaz had a problem with him, him and Daley had mad respect for each other, probably big fans of each other because their both exciting as **** and Ariel was trying to make it seem like they were talking ***** or something even though it's his job, I kinda understand.
      Can you post a vid or article where Helwani is instigating ? If Helwani is just flatout making **** up to st*r **** up, then that's wrong. But, I also find it funny that out of all people, it's pro MMAers who are getting butthurt because someone is talking ****, like, that's part of the fight game, ya know what I mean ?

Comment

haha yeah i feel you. I don't really got no footage but I just heard on numerous MMA sites Rampage just butthurt because he was eating and Ariel asked him a question about King Mo and they hate each other, I don't know if King Mo said something about Rampage or if it was just out of a blue(which I could understand too).

I think I heard Daley or Diaz said they were going to knock the other one out, but not in a disrespectful way because usually all fighters say "I'm going knock him out." Not 100% sure.

You can download "The MMA Hour" with Rampage on it, it's the show which Ariel hosts in a live stuido and that's where that happened. It's in the video section I think Obama or Dj.Ice uploaded it. It was before the Hamil fight so I'd look for the MMA Hour in the week before 5/30/11.

Comment

Because Ariel toes the line on fighter questions. He'll ask the questions that a lot of other journalists don't have the balls to ask a professional fighter, and for that, a lot of fighters don't really like him.

A lot of fans have started to dislike him too because he's basically become a Zuffa employee and tends to kiss Dana's ass a lot. But with the UFC having a stranglehold on MMA, if you aren't on Dana's good side, needless to say it's going to be hard for you to cover the sport when he blackballs you

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
            Because Ariel toes the line on fighter questions. He'll ask the questions that a lot of other journalists don't have the balls to ask a professional fighter, and for that, a lot of fighters don't really like him.

A lot of fans have started to dislike him too because he's basically become a Zuffa employee and tends to kiss Dana's ass a lot. But with the UFC having a stranglehold on MMA, if you aren't on Dana's good side, needless to say it's going to be hard for you to cover the sport when he blackballs you
            Yeah and usually if your that big of a nuthugger if your favorite fighter hates somebody, especially if their just a scrawny little reporter not even a fighter, then the fans most likely hate them too.

Also thats why MMAJunkie always wins the MMA Media award at the "World MMA awards" because Dana likes them. He's not really a big fan of Sherdog's and if it wasn't for Sherdog being around a lot longer they'd probably be struggling. Might as well just name them the Zuffa awards.

Comment

I seem to remember BJ directly addressing his beef with Ariel by saying that he thought that Ariel didnt like him, which Ariel denied and they made friends.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
                I seem to remember BJ directly addressing his beef with Ariel by saying that he thought that Ariel didnt like him, which Ariel denied and they made friends.
                yea i remember this too. Penn asked him why he didnt like him and Ariel said that BJ was actually one of his favorites of all time and then him and BJ hugged it out. it was actually cool of Penn and im not his biggest fan

Comment

Maybe because he's a low-talent, shillish, amateur reporter, who's also been known to stir up shit on the basis of internet gossip in cheap attempts at getting a rise out of people.

Because he's soft spoken and comes off as an intelligent guy, people are fooled into thinking he's a legitimate reporter. He isn't, what he is is a rank amateur who has been given a significant platform. Just listen to his interviews, he is in more cases than not incapable of asking poignant questions, and he seems to derive his material from the likes of Sherdog or The Underground forum gossip.

Comment

I'de rather see that over a boring interview anyday of the week.

Comment

Working...
                    X