Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for Joseph Parker to get a new trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for Joseph Parker to get a new trainer?

It seems like he has become stagnant under Kevin Barry.

100%.

he seems to have good combos. good power. good jab and good stamina.

he just doesn't have the skills and ring IQ

Comment

Perhaps.

I just think it's a situation where the guy isn't very good, relatively speaking. He's a very basic HW. There's an old saying of 'there's only so much you can polish a turd' and that's what it is.

Comment

He will NEVER beat Joshua doe

Comment

Yes he should.

He's a very talented, very athletic fighter who seems to be making the same mistakes as he was making 4 years ago, and hasn't added any more skills to his arsenal. Even worse, it seems that the tactics he uses in the ring don't utilise his skills as well as they should - he's extremely athletic and doesn't use that at all.

That could be 100% on himself or part of it could be to do with the coaching. We won't know until he makes that change.

I think he should spend a month or so with another coach and see if that helps. Worst comes to the worse and he can go back to Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            100%.

he seems to have good combos. good power. good jab and good stamina.

he just doesn't have the skills and ring IQ
            I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
              Yes he should.

He's a very talented, very athletic fighter who seems to be making the same mistakes as he was making 4 years ago, and hasn't added any more skills to his arsenal. Even worse, it seems that the tactics he uses in the ring don't utilise his skills as well as they should - he's extremely athletic and doesn't use that at all.

That could be 100% on himself or part of it could be to do with the coaching. We won't know until he makes that change.

I think he should spend a month or so with another coach and see if that helps. Worst comes to the worse and he can go back to Barry.
              Lolwut? A month? Sometimes not even a full training camp is enough.

Comment

yes ive said it for nearly 2 years, he needs to relocate to the U.S under a new trainer, KB is unbelievably bad, gives the opposite instructions and gameplan that are needed and is a money hungry shriveled prune face mong

hth

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Lolwut? A month? Sometimes not even a full training camp is enough.
                  yeah I'm just saying that's how he should dip his toes in the water. See if that's helping - if it is, dump Barry permanently. If it's not, fine, go back to Barry.

TBH I don't understand why any boxer would be loyal to one coach. No single coach is going to know everything. They all have different expertise and a boxer should try and learn everything he can.

It's bizarre that Parker lives with Barry. He's a beltholder, presumably he can afford to pay rent.

Comment

He's fought a lot of different styles and different sized fighters lately.

He probably never had any exposure to these kinds of fighters in new Zealand so I think he's still on a big learning curve. Probably being pushed a little too fast and needs more experience.

I dunno if a new trainer changes or improved any of those things. A lot of getting better in boxing just comes down to experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X