Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Hopes Cotto Still Gets in Two Fights Before Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a mess Cotto's career has become in his last couple of years. Cotto's career is in the toilet right now since he's been out of the ring so long. They need to get him back in there quick, it's been way too long of a stretch out of the ring. Cotto looking for money fights to close his career. I have no problem with that. He's fought everyone throughout his career and he deserves to close it out trying to maximize his funds. But they need to get him in the ring already, been way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      WHOA! I never said "exciting."
      entertaining? Isn't exciting sort of an synonym for entertaining? Without debating the finer points...

you don't think Bradley vs Cotto would be an exciting fight? With Bradley's high punch output style, and Cotto's boxer/puncher style, you don't think it could produce a lot of two-way exchanges?

IDK - I think it has great chance of being very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        entertaining? Isn't exciting sort of an synonym for entertaining? Without debating the finer points...

you don't think Bradley vs Cotto would be an exciting fight? With Bradley's high punch output style, and Cotto's boxer/puncher style, you don't think it could produce a lot of two-way exchanges?

IDK - I think it has great chance of being very exciting.
        I think it will look like 2 former champions trying to "outbox" and "out-think" each other. Might as well put Roy Jones Jr. vs. B-Hop on the undercard!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I think it will look like 2 former champions trying to "outbox" and "out-think" each other. Might as well put Roy Jones Jr. vs. B-Hop on the undercard!
          Lol, nahhhhhh. Bradley still looks to be pretty much in his prime?

Cotto has lost a little step, but is FAR from "shot."

And their styles both revolve around coming forward. Neither are natural counter-punchers. They can counter-punch, and often do, but Cotto's bread and butter is the jab, and left hook, and Bradley's is throwing fast combinations.

I think it will be a pretty exciting fight to watch. Or, like you said "entertaining" at the very least.

Nothing about Hopkins/Jones Jr. II was entertaining. And DAMN SURE nothing about a potential Hopkins/Jones Jr. III would be entertaining.

LOL how can you compare the stage of their career's Cotto and Bradley are in, to Jones Jr., and Hopkins?

Lol Cotto is coming off a close, competitive fight with one of the best boxers in the world, who was also much bigger. And Bradley has still never lost to anybody other than Pac recently.
          Last edited by Cheek busting; 03-29-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Cotto vs Thurman would have been a good fight at light middleweight, but we know it won't happen. Maybe he could fight Golovkin if a Canelo fight fell through for this year, seeing as everyone is eager to fight GGG now.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
              Cotto vs Thurman would have been a good fight at light middleweight, but we know it won't happen. Maybe he could fight Golovkin if a Canelo fight fell through for this year, seeing as everyone is eager to fight GGG now.
              In a perfect world Roc Nation would definitely attempt to swoop in and offer GEE a Cotto fight for Oct/Nov. to swerve GBP's. But Team Cotto has no interest in this type of career path for Cotto.

Comment

Cotto should fight Bradley, then Marquez and retire. Period.

Comment

Cotto!

Cotto should fight Bradley, then Marquez and retire. Period.

Comment

Cotto should just scrap any ideas of a return and just retire.

Comment

Bradley & Marquez are not good fights for Cotto. (Especially if one beats his azz... he becomes a joke)

Comment

Working...
                      X