• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated and Underrated Latino Boxers

Salgado = underrated

roman gonzalez = overrated

add

Underrated = Dinamita

If Pacroid is p4p #1 and Godquez beat Pacquiao two...possibly three times, then he should be #1

Comment

I dont think salgado underrated. I think he has great power and good skills. But he seems to fold under pressure. He struggled with honorio that says alot even with that cut. Over rated are gonzalez who fights nothing but bums and moreno. Sure he has some skills but people over rate him like he was the next coming of pernell.

Comment

Humberto soto has always been underrated....

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez jr. is so underrated, He handily beat Rubio who many people thought so highly of when he KO Lemiux, IMo he will also beat Andy Lee and will give Sergio Martinez problems.. Gamboa is so overrated, people talk about him on here like he is the next Mayweather or something, The dude ducked Juan Manuel Lopez and Brandon Rios and ran all night long from Orlando Salido, he is talented nut will get exposed soon just like Juan MA Lopez got exposed..

Comment

Underrated : Godquez, Chavez jr, La Zorrita, Canelo, Siri, Abril

Overrated: Canleo (by the media) Cotto, Dulorme, Rios, Lara
            Last edited by LeG00N; 05-17-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
              Julio Cesar Chavez jr. is so underrated, He handily beat Rubio who many people thought so highly of when he KO Lemiux, IMo he will also beat Andy Lee and will give Sergio Martinez problems.. Gamboa is so overrated, people talk about him on here like he is the next Mayweather or something, The dude ducked Juan Manuel Lopez and Brandon Rios and ran all night long from Orlando Salido, he is talented nut will get exposed soon just like Juan MA Lopez got exposed..
              gamboa whupped siri's ass

Comment

Originally posted by el.azteca View Post
                I dont think salgado underrated. I think he has great power and good skills. But he seems to fold under pressure. He struggled with honorio that says alot even with that cut. Over rated are gonzalez who fights nothing but bums and moreno. Sure he has some skills but people over rate him like he was the next coming of pernell.
                gonazlez is extremely overrated

Comment

chavez is super fuckin huge when it comes to being a middleweight. he basically laid on rubio and used his size to win. i seriously think he is on something. not performance enhancing drugs or anything, but some type of weight loss stuff to help him make weight on fridays. i don't think he is talented at all. i think he is just blessed with his dad's chin and has a size advantage over everyone at 160. i think guys like quillin and golovkin pound his face in, and fighters like pirog and martinez school him. but being as he's so big he'll make it look difficult. when he eventually moves up to 168 or 175 is when we'll see what he's made of (cause i don't think he'll fight another top contender like golovkin or titleholder like pirog at 160).

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                  Humberto soto has always been underrated....
                  i always saw him as overrated. everyone always made him out to be a beast even though he never really faced a huge name. i enjoyed his fights with antillon and stuff but recently he hasn't done anything at all, and he was in some good competitive divisions (135 & 140). it's until now that he is facing someone pretty good. i still like watching him fight but i just never understood all the talk about him. soto and angulo, those two guys seem like they could have and still could do so much more then they have but still get talked about as beasts like they're facing top fighter after top fighter.

as for underrated, i'd say miguel vazquez and anselmo moreno.

vazquez is not the most entertaining fighter but he has good boxing fundamentals. he can control the fight, fight at a distance, and has a good jab. only thing about him is that he hasn't fought that many names or been in publicized fights.
                  moreno is the man, i don't know why you guys are hating. the guy is an established champ. darchinyan gave mares a tough fight and moreno embarrassed him. uses the ring, has good counter punching, i would love to see mares/moreno go down but i know gbp won't put mares in there. moreno needs guys like mares, rigondeaux, and nishioka so he can really be recognized within the boxing world.
                  Last edited by chiguy91; 05-17-2012, 01:28 AM.

Comment

1. U talkin out ya ass and it's becoming more & more obvious the more you post. The same way u rated Moreno and Gonzalez higher than Gamboa based on "skill" and not the guys they fought, but ranked Gamboa lower despite his "skill" and the guys he DIDN'T fight. lol, U even rated Salido above Gamboa, a guy Gamboa BEAT. we all know why ur preferences are what they are, bro, and none of em have to do with the reasons u state. u couldn't hide ur bias with a cloak the size of Mexico. lol

2. Gamboa called out Juan Manuel Lopez countless times, and even after 2 of his fights. One of them was in front of his face during a post-fight interview where Juanma gave the run-around and said it was up to his management. TopRank protected Juanma from Gamboa and then "fed" Juanma Siri thinkin that Siri was gonna be a cake-walk stylistically. If we saw what a world class pressure fighter with above-average boxing skill can do to Juanma Lopez, what makes u think an explosive & more athletically gifted pressure fighter with exceptional boxing skill won't completely annihialate Lopez?

3. Re-watch Gamboa and Salido before u keep spewin dat bulls**t . I'll give u all my points if u can show me a round where Gamboa "ran" from Salido. Salido got his motherf**kin ass handed to him in that fight and barely made it out the 12th round. He was outworked, outpunched, outlanded and outclassed. F**k outta here

4. And if Gamboa is to be exposed, it definitely isn't gonna be at the hands of bum ass Brandon Rios, who's overrated ass got exposed by an awkward feather-fisted C list fighter.
                    Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 05-17-2012, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X