• Show
Clear All

• Burns vs. Moses weigh-in pictures?

Can't find any pics?

Anybody got a video or pics?

Thanks. . Green K!

http://img.skysports.com/12/03/660x3...ns_2730890.jpg

Comment

Thanks DA BEAST! Damn. . . Burns looks a little drawn, while Moses looks strong as shyt! Of course looks are always deceiving in regards to pugilism. . .

I was surprised that Burns came in at 133! But I guess he is still coming up from 130, and we know he has no problems making weight. . . DON'T WRITE MOSES OFF! His sole defeat is to Acosta, and previously he was regarded as a blue chip type prospect. . .

Burns' range and jab might not be as effective because he doesn't have his usual height advantage.

I predict a closer than expected UD for Burns - 115-113;116-112 x 2. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

Thanks DA BEAST! Damn. . . Burns looks a little drawn, while Moses looks strong as shyt! Of course looks are always deceiving in regards to pugilism. . .

I was surprised that Burns came in at 133! But I guess he is still coming up from 130, and we know he has no problems making weight. . . DON'T WRITE MOSES OFF! His sole defeat is to Acosta, and previously he was regarded as a blue chip type prospect. . .

Burns' range and jab might not be as effective because he doesn't have his usual height advantage.

I predict a closer than expected UD for Burns - 115-113;116-112 x 2. . . .
        I'm going to the fight tonight and I'm worried that Moses is going to win. His style will match up well against Burns upright style. Moses has good lateral movement and a range of punches so Burns will really have to keep him on that jab. What also worries me is the reach/height advantage that Burns usually has will not be so evident tonight so it's going to be hard fight. I think Burns will have to rip the body shots in and slow the older man down.. Fitness will be the key to Burns winning the fight. (Burns is always in shape)

I'm not concerned about Burns looking a little pale and drawn at weigh in. it's just our natural Scottish look lol

Comment

Oh and I'm sure they were odds of up to 9-2 on Moses earlier on in the week. I'm half tempted to bung £50 on that but can't bring myself to bet against my man Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
            Oh and I'm sure they were odds of up to 9-2 on Moses earlier on in the week. I'm half tempted to bung £50 on that but can't bring myself to bet against my man Burns.

Haha that's how I am - can never bet against my guy even if I think there might be a chance of upset. . .

I was really surprised when I heard he chose Moses as an opponent since he has plans on a fairly big domestic showdown with Mitchell next. For a fight that is supposed to just be a "stay busy" fight, this was really a tough pick (but good for fans).

Burns does have good body shots, especially that left hook/uppercut to the liver. He also hits a little harder than his KO record suggests. . . I'd like to see him come out a little more aggressive than usual, maybe take the fight to Moses. Maybe use some feints along with his jab to set up his straight right.

I'll be watching the fight on a stream, as we have no channels in US that will be showing it. How big of a crowd turnout are they expecting? Burns pretty popular in Scotland?

Comment

Damn, Moses has a LIGHTENING fast jab! I'm really concerned about Burns losing this fight. . .

That KO looked a little fake as well? I know punches can be deceiving, but he had a perfectly lucid look in his eye the entire time and he didn't even try to get up? Eh. . .

Burns is going to have to fight smart!

Comment

Haha that's how I am - can never bet against my guy even if I think there might be a chance of upset. . .

I was really surprised when I heard he chose Moses as an opponent since he has plans on a fairly big domestic showdown with Mitchell next. For a fight that is supposed to just be a "stay busy" fight, this was really a tough pick (but good for fans).

Burns does have good body shots, especially that left hook/uppercut to the liver. He also hits a little harder than his KO record suggests. . . I'd like to see him come out a little more aggressive than usual, maybe take the fight to Moses. Maybe use some feints along with his jab to set up his straight right.

I'll be watching the fight on a stream, as we have no channels in US that will be showing it. How big of a crowd turnout are they expecting? Burns pretty popular in Scotland?
                Looking at a 6000 sell out, against a fighter only the hardcore will have heard of so his popularity is good

Him vs Mitchell could do BIG business

Comment

Yeh I can't bet against who I want to win. I have a friend who nearly always bets against who he wants to win as he suggests it's a win win situation. It's come up trumps for him on many occasions in the past (Hattons last 2 fights for example, haha, although that was more common sense)

Its a 6k sell out and there has been more demand than that so Burns popularity has been rising. He's been getting plenty of coverage in our tabloid papers over the last year or so (which usually only cover football) We Scots tend to be quite humble and love an underdog and when you consider Burns was fighting a guy with a 6-26 record prior to the Martinez fight, he's endeared himself to the public. His "i cannae believe it" speech after winning the belt too helped increase his popularity. Very humble. The thing is we don't have a huge population, boxing is not mainstream so he's got to be appealing to the general public to start doing venues over a couple of thousand. I've no doubt he could sell double tonight's attendance in a domestic dust up with Mitchell. Boxing in the whole is becoming more popular UK wide. In any sport you need inspirational characters to entice the youth into the sport and we've had very few so Burns is so important to keep the revival going.

Ricky Hattons biggest legacy was not anything he did in the ring but the fact that he exposed the sport to mainstream public again and had kids saying "I want to be like him". You can count me as one of they people too. I was brought up watching boxing. I remember watching early Naz fights, Lewis, Tyson in the 90's etc but I was predominantly a football fan. Season ticket holder with my club, spending fortunes each week but the Hatton Kostya Tszyu fight flicked a switch with me. It's almost something primal with boxing. I was always fighting at school and on the streets when I was younger and friends would think I was mad when I'd say I genuinely loved it. So by the time the Hatton Kostya Tszyu came along I'd grown up a bit and had stopped getting in trouble but something clicked and I realised this was my sport. I just hope Burns can stay world champ long enough to inspire young Scots to pick up the gloves, as thats what we need.

On Moses, like you said, this is a strange pick with a potential stadium fight with Mitchell in the late summer on the cards. Unless they know something about Moses I've not picked up on. 9-2 from the bookies seems very generous too. I'm really nervous about tonight.

**** I'm rabbiting on. I better get my finger out as I've got a train to catch! Hope you get a good stream and be prepared to be blasted with multiple verses of Flower of Scotland lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Looking at a 6000 sell out, against a fighter only the hardcore will have heard of so his popularity is good

Him vs Mitchell could do BIG business

Nice. . . Glad to see Burns is getting the support of his countrymen! Big fan of Burns myself here in USA. . . Love his style - that rangy "tall fighter" who mainly fights off the back foot, but is still aggressive with decent punch output. Very good jab; and everything off the jab! straight right off the jab! hooks and uppercuts off the jab! JAB is always first!

Aye, it could fill up a stadium, or at least but a pretty big dent in it! I really hope Burns comes to USA and fights soon! LOVE to see him against any of the LW champions right now! Call me crazy, but I also think him vs. Rios would have been a very good style matchup! He could make Rios walk into that jab all night. . But Rios could also break him down and take him out.

You think Burns might go for a belt in a third weightclass before all is said and done? 140? He's definitely got the frame and height for it. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X